Wednesday, May 20, 2009

good LOOK for less!

I got a little email recently from a Good Life for Less reader named Angela. It went like this:

"I love following your blogs and posts on Polyvore. I'm a working mom of 2 and find that I have much less time to shop. Have you considered offering personal shopping/wardrobe building? I like your style and would definitely would think about using you for this service."


Well, well, well Angela. Did you ring the right person! If there is one thing I love, that is creating outfits on polyvore and shopstyle - so of course I was up to the challenge of helping this working mom out with updating her wardrobe! (And if there are two things I love, it is working moms - I salute you - and hope to join you! soon!)

So of course I jumped right in to help Angela. This is how she described her desired style:

"I used to work in an environment where I had to wear a suit everyday. That was really easy. Now, I work in a corporate casual environment -- I'm struggling with infusing some style into my look and find myself relying on twinsets and slacks. Nothing wrong with that, but definitely not very exciting.

So, I'm interested in both work and casual attire. I would characterize myself as pretty conservative, but I'd like to be more conservative chic. I guess I'd like to have style more like Kelly Ripa, Debra Messing, Reese Witherspoon, Eva Mendes, Christina Applegate or the ultimate, Michelle Obama. I'm 36 years old, so these ladies are probably closer to my reality than the younger personalities and actresses whom I don't even recognize."


Angela had informed me that she had set aside $700 - $800 for her new wardrobe investments. With that knowledge and the details she gave me about her style desires I compiled a suggested shopping list - I call it the good LOOK for less:



Can you believe that we could add 29 (TWENTY NINE) pieces to her wardrobe within that budget! The new wardrobe includes shoes, handbags, tops, bottoms, dresses, jackets, belts... the whole she-bang!

Then the good stuff... armed with that shopping list I was able to compile 10 (TEN) complete LOOKS for her and posted those to shopstyle as well... here are just a few!







With solid basics and some fun and trendy pieces thrown in... the options are truly endless!

Best wishes to you Angela! And happy shopping!

~~~

Are you interested in getting a good LOOK for less? I am happy to work within any budget and style requirements! Contact me at goodlifeforless (at) gmail (dot) com!

 

site design by kiki co.