Friday, May 29, 2009

good LOOK for less: Heather, work-from-home mom!

Heather emailed me recently wanting a good LOOK for less wardrobe consultation. Here is what her note said:

I am a stylish gal of 40, with two small children. If I had to build an outfit from what you created for Angela it would be the jeans with the t-strap sandal with a really basic t-shirt or white blouse and the Torrid bangle. I run a fundraising consulting business out of my home, so I don't need a five day a week work wardrobe. I need a stylish, slightly preppy, slightly funky Mom wardrobe for a lady who spends a lot of time doing Mom stuff but heads into Manhattan 1-2 times a month to meet with clients. NO TRACKSUITS for this Mom. If I could, I'd pretty much live in J. Crew and the Gap. In the summer I take the children to the beach 4-7 days a week, so I wear lots of swimsuits (no skirts please), swimsuit cover-ups, and sun hats. My budget is $750.


First off, thank you Heather for the email! I was so excited to jump in and help Heather out. Here is what I came up with for Heather's relaxed yet chic work-from-home summer wardrobe:


Within her $750 budget I came up with 33 new wardrobe pieces and 12 total outfits! Awesome!

Here is a sneak peek at just a few of her outfits:

I just love this breezy beach outfit... so simple, yet with a few accessories - so chic!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle


Layers make this outfit perfect for cool mornings and warm afternoons. Aren't these shoes amazing... I need a pair!
Gap at ShopStyle


Simple wardrobe components with bold colors and accessories make this outfit easy, but still ultra-modern!
Old Navy at ShopStyle


I just love the look of well-tailored denim with a funky top... this definitely fits the bill.
Tianni at ShopStyle


Thanks Heather for the opportunity to serve you!

~~~
As a follow up... here is what Heather had to say about the wardrobe board I pulled together for her:
AMAZING!!!! Love, love, love, love, love and love. I love it all, outfits 1, 2, and 5 are pure me, outfits 4 and 6 are fantastic date night outfits. The others are great looking and really helpful because I would never have put these together, particularly outfits 3 and 10. Forcing me to think out of the box is exactly why I did this, especially since my current box is from Land's End and filled with polo shirts.

~~~

If you are interested in wardrobe styling and consultation for yourself, on any budget, check out the details here!

 

site design by kiki co.