Thursday, January 22, 2009

i cheated... well, not really, maybe just a little.

So I am on this spending freeze which is both an exercise in contentment (one I need to practice repeatedly) and another in boosting the 'ole pocketbook after the spending frenzy that was Christmas.

But here lies a technicality... I got a gift card for GAP for Christmas that was just burning a hole in my pocket... so I picked up a couple of things. The good news is that the world is on sale right now! The bad news is that it felt like cheating. Not "spending" is also about not "acquiring" - not giving in to the thrill that comes with shopping bags and big boxes being delivered to our doors by UPS.

I'm only human I guess. In the spirit of "getting over it" - wanna see what I got!?!?


Women: Flutter-sleeve T - true black knit


Women: Flutter-sleeve T - true black knit



Women: Pintucked top - menswear blue


Women: Pintucked top - menswear blue



Women: Button-back twill dress - plymouth rock


Women: Button-back twill dress - plymouth rock



Women: Women's Faux-Patent Ballet Flats - Black


Women: Women's Faux-Patent Ballet Flats - Black


All of this for only $75 (well... $75 and 76 cents... which I threw in...). I know there are a lot of others in blog-land on a spending freeze too - how's it going?

5 comments:

Miss Aimee said...

that is totally okay! I was thinking about a gift card I had yesterday at west elm...but I am holding off(atleast today). XOXO

Kotori said...

Not cheating a bit in my opinion! Great stuff and at $75, you can't really pass that up especially with a gift card. :)

I would love to add you to my blog reads... would you mind? I really am enjoying reading it!

Jackie said...

That is so not cheating. I am jealous, I wish I had a gift card to use! My spending freeze is going horribly...all this amazing stuff is on sale right now for ridiculously low prices and its killing me that I can't buy anything. I have issues.

Rachel said...

Gift cards don't count. I just made that rule up right now.
I have to stop looking at the picture of that pintucked shirt or I'll give in and buy it - and I don't have a gift card.

paula said...

if i were spending i would have bought exactly the same things. gift cards don't count in my opinion. hmmm, maybe someone can send one my way?


 

site design by kelly christine studio