Friday, January 16, 2009

How would you...


Just a quick question... how would you refinish this if you had the choice?

I really want a buffet for my living area to store kids toys/books/etc and don't want to pay a lot for it. I just found this on craigslist and I like it a lot because of the marble top and the two glass doors. But I can't quite imagine how I would refinish it. My living room wall color is here in an earlier post and I already have three wood pieces in the room... two are antique dressers I have painted and distressed black and the other is a very large mahogany secretary/roll top desk - that is worn and comfy with no refinishing. Go black? Go worn? Go red?

5 comments:

la la Lovely said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I always love the worn look as it adds texture and character! Love the wedgewood gray too!

paula said...

hmmm, i would personally go with a gray. It would still go with all your pieces, but keep it from being matchy matchy. it would also set off the marble top nicely.

Miss Aimee said...

I would go black, maybe even some chalkboard paint for something fun and kid friendly. keep us posted!

Lynne said...

I've just painted a table dark grey and it looks really classy - I would do that.

Jackie said...

You know, I think red sounds like fun! I think it would look great with the marble top and would tie in well with the pillows you bought. Why not go bold? I also love Aimee's idea to paint it with chalkboard paint.


 

site design by kelly christine studio