Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Nordstrom try on session!

 I have a few Nordstrom finds to share with you today... new spring arrivals (both at my favorite retailers and on my doorstep) are really giving me some pep in my step today. Per the usual with my try ons, there are a few winners and a few head scratchers. Haha! But seriously, often times items will arrive and I won't even put them in a try on if they are a total miss. Unfortunately it happens. I don't always include them because sometimes the fit or the fabric is just too awful to put online, but sometimes I still include them because I think there is hope for them still. Today I have a dress of that nature, the fit was SO off for me but the dress itself was very cute. I have hope with correct sizing it could work for others. Any way, I share that because I often get asked if I "only show the good stuff" and the answer to that is sometimes. Mostly I only show the good stuff because it's my hope to truly make online shopping easier for you - so why waste our time with poor quality, etc. But sometimes I still think it's worth showing, like today.

Let's take a look at the pieces...

Sizing: True to size. I am in my usual size small. You could go up a size for a little more length.
Thoughts: This is DARLING. I really love a puff sleeve and I really love stripes and I think these two work so well together with this top. It's a lightweight sweater so it's perfect for spring or chilly summer evenings. It's trendy, but not overly so. This is a 10/10 for me.

Shown with: jeans

Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS. You could do your usual size for more length or an oversized fit.
Thoughts: These are the types of tops I love to stock up on for summer. Lightweight, basic, easy to wear and also have a little something extra to them. I love the dolman sleeve and oversized look to this. It's nice and lightweight for warm days and would work with leggings, joggers, jeans or shorts. So versatile!

Shown with: jeans
 

Sizing: True to size, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I may NEVER be over sweatshirts. You know? This one is SO good. Lightweight and boxy with a slight crop to it. It works great with joggers or shorts or leggings, whatever this spring! Here I have it with joggers and love it for walks or around the house. It's on MEGA sale right now for under $25.

Shown with: joggers

black dress (above)
Sizing: Runs VERY small. I am in size small here and would definitely need at least a medium. 
Thoughts: I just LOVE the puff sleeves and the v-neck on this. It's very cute in person. But wayyyyy too small. I would go up a size at least. So this isn't a winner for me, but I still wanted to show it here because it's very cute!

Sizing: Runs big, I am in my usual size small. 
Thoughts: This is labeled as a "minidress" online but this is 100% a beach cover up. Just FYI. It's totally see through. All that aside this is GORGEOUS and I am in love with it. I just love a good beach coverup, especially one with sleeves. It's perfect for a day when you've had too much sun or for chilly evenings at the beach (my personal favorite). The front is henley style with a shorter hem and the back has tiered ruffles with a longer hem. SO SO cute.



 

site design by kiki co.