Thursday, July 11, 2019

the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale - what I own and LOVE!

While I am waiting for my own Nordstrom Anniversary Sale order to arrive I thought I would show you a few pieces that I already own from previous seasons.  Some of these pieces are from previous Nordstrom Anniversary sales in years past and others are wardrobe basics that I have previously purchased that are for sale again in exact or very similar styles.

I'm always talking about how I like to build a wardrobe that mixes and matches easily containing solid wardrobe basics.  The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is one of the best times to buy these pieces.  Classics like jeans, cashmere, coats, blazers and shoes are on sale for deep discounts.  I still own tons of pieces from previous seasons from this sale - so it proves that when you make thoughtful decisions they will still serve you for years to come.

above: This jacket was one of my favorite purchases at last years sale but it sold out very quickly! It's back this year with a few different details (like the neckline and details on the back) but in general it's the same style. I love the sweater sleeve detail and it's available in 4 classic colors.  These Mother jeans I bought over a year ago. They are pricey but OH so flattering and comfortable. There is a similar pair in the sale this year!  These suede loafers are from the Nordstrom sale TWO years ago! I still love them - they are so classic and comfortable! - and a similar pair is back in the sale this year! 

above: One of the pieces I have picked up each year in the sale is a cashmere wrap.  These make for really warm scarves in the winter but I also use them when traveling (for road trips or by air) as a lightweight blanket. I own 4 similar wraps from the last 4 years and they still look amazing and have been used so many times over the year. 

above: The cashmere at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is always my favorite!  This gorgeous cashmere cardigan was one of pieces I snagged during last year's sale and it's still a favorite! It looks like there is a similar color available with a little bit different cut this year. But I still highly recommend it!


above: This classic sweater is one that has been in stock year after year and this year it's ON SALE! It's such a cozy piece for cold winter days and while I don't think this exact color is in the sale this year - there are some other gorgeous color options. I wore this sweater a lot last year.  And I can't wait to wear it again this fall/winter.  The Spanx faux leather leggings are BACK in the sale this year - these are a fan favorite and sizes usually sell out quickly! I find them to be true to size and they are great for weekends or busy mom duties.  I also snagged this Tory Burch tote last year during the sale and it's really a gorgeous bag - there is a very similar style in this years sale. I love it for a carry on or laptop bag but it would also be a great "mom" bag too for all the gear. It also has a matching wallet (that I got last year too) and it's been a great wallet all year and has zero signs of use. Both have held up so well!

above: These cardigans are some of my favorite year round. Last year during the sale I grabbed the exact cardi in olive and since then got another in pink.  There are some great color options this year but I think I may just snag a classic black one this year.

above: This wrap sweater was a best-seller last fall and I can't wait to wear it again this fall. It's here for the Nordstrom sale in quite a few colors! I highly recommend it!

above: This top was a best-seller last month and quickly sold out - it looks like a very similar option is available in the sale now! It's so classic for all seasons. These exact jeans but in black are in the sale too - use your imagination to picture these straight leg jeans in black.  The black pair is on my wishlist for the sale this year as I find these jeans extremely flattering and comfortable. I always go up one size for this brand - so keep that in mind while ordering.

above: This Camo sweater from last fall is back in a little different cut this year. I love this classic pattern with a blazer or utility jacket for fall or even with shorts and sneakers for summer.


Other items I love and have gotten at previous sales are these bras, this beauty device that I LOVE, this candle set and these blankets are the best!


 

site design by kiki co.