Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Spring Old Navy Try on session!

Time for another Old Navy try on session... I have to say that probably my MOST favorite season to shop Old Navy is for spring/summer. Basically they slay warm weather wear.  Would you agree? Likely it's because fabrics tend to be more lightweight (read: less expensive), I crave fun trendy pieces (Old Navy does trends very well) and items like shorts and tanks that get heavy wear during hot months are so inexpensive to stock up on. That's just my theory!

Today I found a few fun pieces for spring that I think you will like!  Read on for what was a winner and what was just so-so to me and also my commentary on sizing and fit.

above: I am always on the hunt for jumpsuits for spring and summer. They are great to have on hand for casual weekend days but I also feel like they can easily be dressed up for a graduation event, bridal shower, outdoor wedding, etc. so they are super versatile. I absolutely LOVE the ruffle sleeve on this one! It looks like it might be sold out, but I will link it anyway in case you want to check for restocks. I usually wear size XS in dresses with Old Navy but a SMALL with jumpsuits. This is an XS because SMALL was sold out. It's a touch small but I'm glad I tried it on because it's really cute in person! (show with these sandals)

above: Always on the hunt for spring/summer dresses! I was hesitant about this one online but in person it's GORGEOUS.  The fabric is super soft and it has a slip lining that you could remove. I love this because I could see wearing this dress to Mother's Day brunch or church, where the slip would be nice to have.  But I could also see throwing it over a swimsuit for a day at the lakeshore where a slip would be too much. I am wearing an XS here. (shown with these sandals)

above: How cute is this skirt and this tee together? PERFECT for everyday summer wear and this skirt is a great alternative to shorts in the summer. I went with my usual size 4 in the skirt, it's got a little stretch so it's going to be so comfortable for summer. I always love adding a few new basic tees to my summer wardrobe. This grey one is perfect and SO soft.  Here I showed how you could go tomboy-ish with sneakers or go a little dressier with black sandals

above: If you need a simple black dress for dressing up or dressing down - you will love this option! The v-neck is also mirrored on the back which is an elegant addition and the tulip hem is very flattering. Similar to the jumpsuit above you could easily pair heels and a bold necklace to this for a wedding or throw on sandals and a denim jacket and wear it for everyday. I love that type of versatility. I am in a size XS here. (shown with similar sandals)

above: This jumpsuit was a "miss" for me but I wanted to show it to you because it is quite cute and the fabric is very soft and comfortable. I am in a size SMALL and the top is still quite tight on me. I do think it's fun with some wedge espadrilles like I showed here.

above: I brought this dress to Hawaii with me and wore it for both a swim cover up and for dinner. Again... I sound like a broken record but talk about versatility. The back has a very flattering cross to the straps and the fabric is super lightweight for summer to stay cool. (shown with these sandals)

above: This dress is a BIG WIN for me. I just LOVE the long sleeves and I love that the dress is fitted but not TIGHT. I went with a size SMALL - which is my usual size at Old Navy but is sizing up for how most dresses at ON fit me.  Stay tuned for a fun post where I style this three ways for spring. This is going to get TONS of wear from me this season I can tell already!

above: Does this tank look familiar? I fell head over heels for the black version and went back for the white one too. I rarely buy items in multiples but this one is just TOO cute! Plus it's light as a feather so it's going to be great for those super hot summer days.  These jeans are a repeat too... I love THIS pair so much I bought the distressed pair too. If you are looking to try the "mom" jean/straight jean trend right now, this is a great way to do it affordably. (shown with these sandals)

~~~

When I had a few returns to do at the store I tried on a few more items... our store does not have near the selection as online so I wasn't able to find many things - but here are a few items I liked!

above: These are another wash of the Power Straight jeans that I love so much. It's hard to see here but they have a fun chewed hem.  Also this cotton sweater was SO soft! I am wearing a size small here but I think it would be cute oversized too... so you could go up a size. There are TONS of color options too... so this is a fun way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe this spring.

above: I've seen a couple of other bloggers try this dress on so when I found it in store I was excited to try it too.  It's GORGEOUS. Sizing was limited so I had to try on an XS when really a SMALL would've fit better. You can probably see here that it's quite snug on my chest. 

above: This chambray romper is the same style as the black one above but in a short style. I personally don't love this style on me. But the fabric on this one is super soft and drapey that it's worth showing. 

above: Lastly I randomly found these chino joggers... again, I don't think this exactly a style that I would wear a lot but I wanted to show it because they are pretty cute! I went DOWN a size to size 2 because they were quite oversized. 


 

site design by kiki co.