Tuesday, March 26, 2019

what I'm packing for spring break!

Our spring break is a little later than others... so I am hoping this will still be inspiring to you, but I thought I would pull together what I am packing on spring break this year. Let's be honest I hope to be in my swimsuit as MUCH as possible but I will need some clothes for dining out, sightseeing, etc. I am trying to pack as lightly as possible - isn't easy for me - but it's so frustrating to go on vacation and realize you only wore about 25% of what you packed.  It's definitely a common occurrence for me though - anyone else?  This of course isn't my FINAL, FINAL packing list because of course I will end up changing my mind a few more (million) times. But this is the general idea...

I'll be posting plenty on Instagram while I am away so be sure check there for outfits and other fun behind the scenes stuff!

When I pack for trips I like to organize my outfits a round a color theme to make mixing and matching outfits really easy.  In general I mostly wear neutrals, so this isn't too much of a stretch but for this trip I chose black, white and denim/chambray.  Again, I hope to be in swimsuits most of the time - so some of these pieces will serve as swim cover ups too.  Easy dresses are perfect for dinners out and swim cover ups. While shorts and tees and tanks make for great outfits for sightseeing or grabbing breakfast. The key here is that the pieces are comfortable and casual while still being pulled together.




Here are a few outfits I pulled together in advance... 

above: A lightweight jacket is perfect for chilly mornings or sunsets or in case of a little rain. This sun hat is definitely going to be used to guard against sunburn and messy hair (wink, wink). Otherwise this outfit is just your basics: jeans shorts and a t-shirt with sandals.

above: A simple t-shirt dress is perfect for throwing on over a swimsuit... this one is old but here is a similar option. I love it paired with leopard print sandals and a denim jacket for running to the grocery store quick or heading out for lunch.  I'll bring a few easy vacation-y handbags for the times I don't throw everything in a beach bag (this circle tote is old, but here is a similar option!)

above: White jeans ALWAYS go in my suitcase since while I love shorts I also want a break from time to time. This look is perfect for watching the sunset or dinner out. This black ruffle top is so cute and such a great price and again, a hat is always great for covering the beach hair. I have a feeling these leopard sandals are going to get a lot of wear not only on this trip, but all spring and summer!

above: A little chambray tank is perfect for pulling over a swimsuit or for outdoor dining while on vacation. Since I'm not planning on bringing a lot of shoes or handbags these will get lots of wear!

above: I wore these linen pants a lot while in Florida and the same will go for spring break. They are so easy to throw on and look way dressier than they feel. Paired with a white t-shirt and pink sandals they are perfect for bopping around the island.

above: I always like to pack a lightweight sweater for a chilly morning or evening - or that point where my skin has had too much sun (could that even be a thing!?!). This linen sweater is so soft and perfect for those times. I'll be wearing lots of denim shorts and this white pair is so stretchy and comfortable! And while this little basket bag isn't very "packable" it's so perfect for vacation I just have to find a way to sneak it in!

Of course these are just a FEW of the outfit combinations that are possible with these pieces... really there are SO many possibilities!

HERE


 

site design by kiki co.