Monday, December 17, 2018

my everyday style: festive in red and pink!

You guys... we are in the FINAL home stretch for Christmas here. How are you doing? Like really doing? This time of year can be SO fun and special, but it also comes with a lot of mixed emotions too. Family drama, endless to-do lists and "trying to make it all perfect" can really start wearing on us mamas. Now that my kids are older I am starting to really hang on to the rapidly fraying thread of Christmas traditions.  Somehow the Christmas movies and gingerbread houses and Elf of the Shelf shenanigans don't get the attention of the teens and tweens like they used to. But I am still lovingly forcing it on them... wink wink. But really, keeping the wonder and magic alive for everyone this time of year helps make the more stressful parts of the holiday season bearable. And someday I KNOW my kids will thank me... even if I am met with a few eye rolls in the moment.

It sounds silly and small, but I have been LOVING the color RED lately.  You know me, I don't wear a lot of color - but this holiday season I just can not resist red. It puts me in the holiday spirit instantly.  Paired with a pale pink sweater (my all time favorite color) and I'm ready to tackle the last bits of my to-do list over the next week.  I think. ;). This RED and pink hat is seriously SO fun (and warm) to wear... I wore it for errands recently and got a ton of compliments.  Which always makes a gal feel great.  I paired the entire look with white jeans, which I keep thinking I will pack away for the winter... but I just can't resist wearing. I've owned these Sperry boots for what seems like FOREVER and every winter I love pulling them out again.











Outfit Details:
Red Coat (old, but similar or similar)



 

site design by kiki co.