Thursday, August 30, 2018

back to school skincare hacks!


Now that summer is on it's way out it's time to get back into a routine in SO many areas of life... one of them (for me at least!) is my skincare routine.  My skin doesn't love humidity and sunscreen so I've really been dealing with some breakouts that I need to get under control. In general I've just been off my usual routine which doesn't help battle breakouts or skin un-evenness. On top of that the skin on my whole body is dried out from the AC and constant sunscreen applications... so I really need a head to toe refresh.  Anyone else? Today I rounded up some skincare must-haves I'm using to get my skin back on track now that it's back to school season. 

I am SUPER passionate about Beautycounters high performing products with SAFE ingredients! I 100% trust my skin to any and all of their products - but these are a few of my favorites these days...

Curbing Breakouts with Safe Ingredients
Beautycounter JUST launched this brand new affordable skincare Beautycounter CounterControl Line to combat breakouts and recurring acne and I'm already LOVING it!  Every morning I wash with the Clear Pore Cleanser. It's a gentle exfoliator that smells like a trip to the spa! I love the gentle but effective scrubbing beads.  Then I use the the Spot Treatment as needed when I can feel a breakout coming on, or when one has already appeared.  I will also add the All Over Treatment in the evenings after washing my face if I feel breakouts coming on as well. And I've totally got my kids hooked on these as well... that teen and pre-teen acne is totally hitting in our house! I wish I had these products when I was their age!

Spa Skin Right This Way
I've been using this amazing combo lately for silky smooth skin that feels like I just came straight from the spa!  In the bath or shower I scrub head to toe with this Sugar Body Scrub (which, BTW, smells AMAZING!). Then after the shower I slather on this Citrus Rosemary body oil all over my body.  It's a serious one-two punch for dry and lackluster skin and leaves my skin feeling AMAZING!

Getting a Deep Clean
One of my favorite tricks lately has been getting a super deep clean at night by using the Nourishing Cream Exfoliating wash on my skin WITH this mini Luna. If you haven't heard of the Luna brush, it's similar to a Clarisonic, but with silicone (which is supposed to hold less dirt and bacteria) instead of bristles.  It feels good on your skin while you are cleansing (like a massage!) and even better when you are finished cleansing. My skin has never felt so soft and clean! 

If you are shopping Beautycounter this Labor Day weekend be sure to take advantage of the FREE gift with $150 purchase... you can get all the info here!


Okay - these are my tricks! What are yours? Is your skin in need of a post-summer spruce up as well?




 

site design by kiki co.