Wednesday, January 3, 2018

my everyday style: a very snowy day!

If you aren't sick of red plaid and snow... then you are in the right place. If you are (hey, I almost kind of am at this point too) then I don't know what to tell you. This is all I've got.

It continues to be incredibly cold and snowy here - and I think almost the entire United States is feeling this cold snap right now, so I know I am not alone! I'll be honest I LOVE dressing for winter in December. It's fun layering sweaters and plaid and vests and on and on. Then January hits and I'm already feeling a little sick of my winter wardrobe.  But we still have two plus months to go. So this is going to get interesting.  Me keeping things interesting is going to be "interesting" - since I don't know yet how I will pull it off! But I will work to! It's not my first winter... so I'll just have to dig deep and try to remember what I've done in past years.  I'm really looking forward to spring... that's an understatement. ;)

Anyway, let's chat about this look... I'm SO in love with this color block cashmere sweater. It's got this fresh apres ski feel to it and since I definitely am drawn to neutrals in the winter (and always) I love the black white combo. I don't think I'm sick of red plaid yet after wearing it almost daily before the holidays and since I do love neutrals so much, this is a good pop of color like this scarf.  One of my favorite fun combos to wear in the winter is super tall socks with my Hunter boots. Hunters aren't warm enough on their own and these over the knee socks are SO cozy and fun to wear for something different.  I purchased this wool camel coat several years ago and it's been the BEST investment.  It goes with everything and is so classic.  I worked to find a few similar styles, but a lot of coats are sold out this time of year. But check out this, this or this option if you want a similar look.


Shop the pieces...










Outfit Details:
Coat (similar, similar or similar)
Socks (similar)



 

site design by kiki co.