Thursday, October 27, 2016

my everyday style: fall hair and makeup with the Coiffeteria!

Today I have a really fun post coming at you in partnership with a local Aveda salon - Coiffeteria!  A few weeks ago they invited me to take part in a fun local blogger photoshoot highlighting their salon services.  A day of hair and makeup pampering? This momma was ALLLL over that!  Plus, as I've mentioned before, I'm not super talented in the beauty department so I take all the help I can get!

It can be super scary heading to a new salon. Ladies, you know what I mean right!?!? But the minute I walked in I felt right at home.  Coiffeteria in East Grand Rapids is warm and inviting and all the stylists were the epitome of professionalism AND fun.  It felt like a day spent with old friends, instead of ladies I just met that day.  Not only are they crazy talented, you can tell they love what they do too. And if there is anything that it inspires me like nothing else, it's a girl rocking her life and talent like a #girlboss.

You gals already know I am a huge Aveda fan... it's pretty much the only stuff I will let touch my hair.  So we had a fun day trying new products, getting made up in the gorgeous Aveda fall make-up line and then heading out for some photos on a beautiful fall day.


My stylist Kenzie washed me with Pure Abudance shampoo and conditioner, then she used Pure Abudance Style Prep on my wet hair and blew my hair with a round brush.  After that she parted my hair down the middle -  a new style that I am loving! - and put loose waves in my hair.  She finished it off with Pure Abundance Hair Potion for texture and Air Control Hairspray to finish it off. 


Then Lori got started on my makeup.  The star of the show was the bold lip she put on me! It was so out of my usual comfort zone, but I will say I felt SO fancy!  She used Tarragonna Lip Liner and Carnelian Lip Color - both from the fall Foklor line from Aveda. 




Also in on the fun for the day was local blogger Sara of The GR Guide - if you live in Grand Rapids or plan on visiting soon - you must check out her blog.  She covers all things local and she's definitely in the know about all things GR.  Plus, seriously... how cute is she!?!



A huge THANK YOU to the entire team at Coiffeteria... you really MUST check them out if you are feeling like your hair needs a fall makeover! I can't recommend them enough.  And also thank you to Rob Wilkinson for the great photos!

Outfit Details:
Faux Fur Vest (old, but similar or similar - SO cute!)



Shop the outfit here...




Shop the hair products...



 

site design by kiki co.