Thursday, April 30, 2015

my everyday style: spring sweaters!

A few weeks ago I decided I was officially OVER winter sweaters for the season, and really it was about time. So I did a quick comb through of the sweaters in my closet to see if any would translate to spring nicely.  In general a 'winter' sweater can translate to spring as long as it's a neutral color (stay away from wintery jewel tones), contains little to no wool (with the exception of merino which can often be seasonless) and isn't a turtleneck. There are always a handful of sweaters that fit this bill in my closet and likely in your closet as well.

Having a few sweaters on hand during the warmer months may seem unnecessary, but you never know when a spring chill will hit, and mornings and evenings can still be quite cool.  Here I paired it with an untied scarf and some moccasins… it's a simple look, but one that is perfect for a classic spring day.






(photos by Tracy Carmody)

Details:
Jeans, Banana Republic (similar - love these!)
Sweater, Banana Republic (similar or similar less expensive)
Scarf, Banana Republic (similar or similar less expensive)
Bag, J.Crew (similar less expensive)
Mocassins, Coach (similar or similar or similar)




 

site design by kiki co.