Friday, November 15, 2013

Elements of Style v.9!

I personally have three simple elements (or tricks!) to a simple but beautiful outfit. I call them them my 'elements of style'. They are something casual, something neutral and something dressy. These three elements combined are my fail-safe for outfits that are easy to put together and that look and feel feminine and relaxed.

I recently picked up this sweater poncho from Old Navy and I having been wearing it an ultra lot.  This past week has been freezing in Michigan and this sweater is the perfect topper to a simple tee to stay warm and cozy all day long.  I, like you probably, get really cold just sitting at my desk while I work so I like to have a scarf or extra sweater on hand to bundle up in while I'm not that active. The fabric of this poncho is really soft and the turtleneck has a nice drape to it.

I've been wearing mine with boots and jeans on repeat but I was thinking it would be really fun to dress up with some leather leggings for a night out with friends or to dinner and a movie (I love to be warm and comfortable in the movie theatre!).

Here I pulled together a simple but beautiful look that dresses up this super warm sweater.  Now, who's ready for the weekend!?!? Ours is supposed to be rainy so there will likely be lots of warm drinks, turning the fire on and reading... I need to finish my book club book stat!  What does your weekend have in store for you?


see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.