Tuesday, January 24, 2012

my outfit: green, blue, black!





Lately outfits have without fail included blue or black. Today I add green and then tomorrow's outfit (you'll have to wait for that) will bring the whole thing full circle. I'm a in a clothing rut.  It's January-induced.  That's all I'll say about that.


This is my black velvet blazer and I feel like I need to say it again - this thing just doesn't photograph near as nice as it is in person.  It's rather dressy, but here I enjoyed dressing it down a bit.


My husband and I rented Moneyball this past weekend... have you seen it? I'm not a big sports person, but this movie is so amazing.  I loved that the main character wanted to make his mark on baseball, but the way he did it was different than what he thought it would be in his youth.  Often times as we age it easy to get disappointed about the days that are in our past (did we live them the best we could?) but this movie reminds you that it's never too late to take a risk or influence the world around you - or to be the best in your field.


On a lighter note, we also rented I Don't Know How She Does It - so funny! Just as good as the book, definitely!



Details:
Blazer, Gap
Striped Top, H&M (similar!)
Jeans, Gap
Belt, Gap
Earrings, Wendy Mink via GILT
Wellies, Sperry via Nordstrom Rack (courtesy of)

 

site design by kiki co.