Monday, December 19, 2011

my outfit: easy A!



I wanted to do photos in front of our back door here with the wreath I recently hung for Christmas.  Isn't it stunning? It's real pine and I got it for a steal at the tree farm for only $12!  It's so fluffy and big!  My husband (aka. the photographer) complained that the light was bad over here... those photographer types... so picky.  Turns out he was right, but I did salvage one shot.  


I just realized that my husband has been taking my photos for a year now... before then I did them myself with a timer.  It's amazing how much his skill has improved in a year... I rarely have to crop photos or give him direction.  He's been a pro at learning what light works best (clouds vs. sun, shade vs. direct light) and he knows when I've had enough (usually after we've snapped 80 or so shots I get a real pissed off look on my face {yes, I take 80 + shots to get four or five good ones}).  He also knows I often get crabby looking for the perfect location - it's seriously the hardest part. I get so indecisive which leads to frustration on my part.


In the past year or so I have learned so much about Photoshop and editing as well (he takes the photos, I edit them... we work together well in this tag-team set up).  What once seemed like an insurmountable mountain (Photoshop) is now one of my favorite parts of blogging.  It's so fun to see photos come alive with a little tweaking!


We also used our mad skills together this year for our Christmas cards.  It was really fun and we were both so thrilled at how they turned out - a little elbow grease goes a long way.  He shot the photos of the kids and I edited them.  We are by no means pros at this stuff... but it's fun to see where a little practice and DIY can take you.


When I married this man I never thought we would work together on something like this... but really, his work is an integral part of my work here on the blog.  It's amazing where life will take you.


Details:
Striped Top, F21 (similar)
Chambray Top, Old Navy (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, Dolce Vita
Watch, Michael Kors
Feather Earrings, F21 (similar)


 

site design by kiki co.