Tuesday, November 17, 2009

good LOOK for less: EXPRESS, Lisa!

Today's GLFL EXPRESS is Lisa... she's a busy working mom looking to kick her wardrobe up a notch. Here's a bit of her email to me:

I am a young (28) mom with a husband and a 8 month old, and I work outside the home part time as a chemical engineer. My job is very casual, and since I work in a lab, I have to wear long pants and closed-toed shoes. I really need to turn the style up a notch! I want to look casual, fun and pulled-together. I love pieces with a vintage flare, and I think if I had time and money, my style would be an eclectic mix of fun, & funky pieces worn with causal basics. Since my kiddo is a dirty-laundry creating machine, it would be great if you could find pieces that are wash-n-wear.


Sounds good Lisa; wash-n-wear, cozy warm for the winter, vintage flair with some fun & funky mixed in! You got it!

A little dress like this is perfect for layering with tights, skinny jeans, leggings or wearing it on it's own. All of those possibilities work great with the knee-high boots and a cardigan for extra warmth and fun! Black and white stripes are all the rage these days and have a great sixties throw back flair to them. Paired with some fun earring and fun beaded bracelet and you are all set!
Forever 21 at ShopStyle


I saw this funnel neck sweater IRL at F21 recently and fell in love. It has a fun old meets new vibe to it and is comfy and cozy without sacrificing style and personality. Pair it with a slinky tank (or any top really!) and some vintage-y accessories and this is a great look for work or play!
Swell at ShopStyle


The longer cut of these tops (the cardigan and the t-shirt) are very "mom" friendly while still be stylish. They are great transition pieces for past or upcoming pregnancies and are great looking too! Add some fun boots and a plaid scarf and the look is fun and fresh and definitely ready for the cooler months.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


~~~

Happy Shopping Lisa! If you would like to get on the "list" for one of my good LOOK for less EXPRESS (free) consults, email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com - or click here for more info on my wardrobe consultation services!

 

site design by kiki co.