Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Beautycounter COUNTERTIME review!



Today Beautycounter is launching their brand new COUNTERTIME product line and I was able to get my hands on it before the launch and today I'm giving my honest review on the entire new line. There are six products in the entire line and because I was able to purchase the set at a deep discount (being a consultant) I got all six products. Usually I'm not one to use an entire line for my morning or evening skincare routine... I like to pick and choose favorite pieces from different lines and mix and match them for my exact skincare needs. To get a feel for the new line, though, I've recently used the entire line exclusively morning and night without using any of my "usual" products.

First off, let's talk about how GORGEOUS this new packaging is! I am such a sucker for PINK and this packaging is speaking my love language. Plus, all the bottles are glass making them easier to recycle and oh so beautiful!

So what is the hype with this new line? The new Countertime products are specifically to combat the signs of aging by reducing the look of fine lines, making the skin look and feel plumper, evening king tone and adding brightness and minimizing the appearance of pores.  How does Beautycounter pack all those benefits into this new line while also keeping the ingredients safe and clean of potentially harmful ingredients? With a fairly new to the market ingredient called Bakuchiol - you may have heard of it already if you are up to date on the latest and greatest ingredients in safe skincare. I know a few other brands have rolled out products containing this new and safe ingredient. It's being touted as a safe alternative to Retinol and so far the results are promising!  Retinol is great for fighting aging but it comes with potential side effects like sun sensitivity, in some cases severe drying results and it's also not safe for use while pregnant or nursing. So Bakuchiol is a great alternative because it doesn't have any of those potential side effects.



Most of the six products in the line are for use day and night - but there are two products that are specified for only day or night. I will outline below which products are to be used in what order - per BC's specifications - I know I was a little overwhelmed with so many new products at once! Keep in mind that all of these products are highly concentrated - so a tiny bit goes a really long way!

Morning Countertime Routine 

Step #1 - Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
The Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil is a super luxurious cleansing oil that smells amazing. This is the first time I've tried a cleansing oil so it took me a few times to get used to it.  You start on dry skin and rub it in all over, then add a little water to make a lather and then rinse. Instead of your skin feeling dry and parched when you are done washing it will feel clean but moisturized. It's truly the best of both worlds!  I will talk more about this below but I LOVED this cleanser for night time but for daytime I am going to stick with this cleanser instead.

Step #2 - Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence
This Essence is another new-to-me skincare product. I've heard of an Essence as a skincare step after cleansing but I've never tried it before. Think of it like a toner but a touch heavier but not as heavy as a serum. This one is light and refreshing and also smells great. It instantly makes your skin feel soft and supple - and primed for serum. I really enjoy this product and will definitely continue to use it daily.

Step #3 - Tripeptide Radiance Serum
I am a SUCKER for a good serum! Seriously! And this one is so good. It's unscented and contains so many good anti-aging ingredients.  This product is by far my favorite in the set. My skin instantly felt soft and smooth and just like with retinol products - Bakuchiol will show results over the long term, so I am excited to see the results of this product over the next few months.

Step #4 - Antioxidant Soft Cream
This is a classic day cream that I really love. In total honesty this isn't a necessary step for me in the summer. I usually ditch a day cream in the summer for this tinted moisturizer.  But for the sake of research I did use it a few times and I really like it. It's also unscented and I'll definitely circle back and include this in my morning routine come fall - this time of year I just don't need so much moisture on my face with the humidity in the air.

Step #5 Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
I absolutely LOVE this eye cream and I'm pretty picky with eye cream. Eye cream is the most essential part of any skincare routine and it's always the step I suggest people start with if they are wondering where to start.  This eye cream is crazy luxurious and thick and I can't recommend it enough. You only need a tiny bit to cover the eye area and it feels amazing on!


Evening Countertime Routine

Step #1 - Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil
Like I mentioned above, while I didn't love the Lipid Defense Cleansing Oil for the morning - I actually LOVE it for my nighttime routine. It's the only BC cleanser that really takes off my makeup well and after cleansing my skin feels super clean and fresh, without feeling dry.

Step #2 - Mineral Boost Hydrating Essence
Again, this essence is just dreamy! I love it after cleansing and it makes my skin feel ready for layering on the next step - and I do love a good skin care layer!

NOTE: If you use the Overnight Resurfacing Peel (which still is my number one favorite of all BC products, you would add that step here!

Step #3 - Tripeptide Radiance Serum
Again, same as in the morning I absolutely LOVE this serum. It feels amazing on the skin and with long term use I know it will just get better and better!

Step #4 - Tetrapeptide Supreme Cream
The name here says it all. This is definitely the most "supreme" night cream I have ever tried. It's already being compared to La Mer (but for WAY less of a hit to your wallet). When I first tried this I was a little skeptical because it's SO THICK. But after applying my skin felt great and in the morning I was very impressed with the texture of my skin after sleeping in this night cream. Call me a beleiver!

Step #5 Ultra Renewal Eye Cream
I feel the same about this eye cream at night as with the morning routine. This eye cream is my new favorite and seriously - I have tried them all.

If you have ANY questions about Beautycounter at all - be sure to email me or leave a comment! I'm happy to help!



 

site design by kiki co.