Tuesday, February 28, 2017

travel diaries: a day in Old San Juan!

We just got back from the most amazing trip to Puerto Rico!  We had such a fun time exploring  that beautiful island. Of course, there wasn't nearly enough time to do all we wanted to do.  The island is just FULL of amazing scenery and awe inspiring history.  And it's a US Territory - so if you are a US citizen there is no passport needed (which I have been ridiculously dragging my feet on renewing).

We spent some time exploring the city of Old San Juan and instantly fell in love with the history, the architecture, the beautiful blue (!!!!) cobblestone streets, the amazing street food vendors, the delectable restaurants and all the colorful buildings.  There are two 16th century Spanish forts in the city that are now National Parks that literally take your breath away with their beauty and history. Think Pirates of the Caribbean meets Charleston.  I know that sounds crazy - but I mean it in the best way possible.  It was truly a trip of a lifetime and I highly recommend visiting PR.  It's a super romantic vacation for couples and there is TONS to do there for families as well.  We already can't wait to bring our kids back there.

We did SO much walking, oh my goodness! But I always love a vacation where we walk a ton because then I feel like I can balance it out with food and drink. You know? Any way... we had a blast exploring the city and I loved this open back top to keep me cool and stylish all day.







Outfit Details:
Top (only $17!!!)
Bracelets - c/o of Pura Vida (I love the story behind these sweet bracelets!)






 

site design by kiki co.