Wednesday, January 25, 2017

current beauty favorites


I was chatting up an AMAZING skin care experience I recently had on my Instagram "stories" a few weeks back and a lot of my followers there expressed interest in learning more about what I use on my face on a daily basis.  So here it is!  These are my favorite skin care products right now and how I use them.

~~~

First things first, I recently had a HydraFacial performed on my skin.  If you haven't heard of these you can easily google it to get videos of how it works and wear to find a spa or doctors office that does the procedure.  Basically it has the benefits of a facial and a peel together using a machine that is kind of like a vacuum on your skin.  It is painless and involves no down time.  My skin looked UH-MAZING when I walked out.  One other crazy side note, they collect the "stuff" the "vacuum" gets while cleaning your skin and you can look at it when you are done.  Um.... SO gross.  Also, SO amazing.   Since my experience with the HydraFacial I feel like I have new skin.  I'm glow-y, well hydrated (which is tough in Michigan winters) and I feel like my face is much less break-out prone than usual.  If you feel like your face needs a reset - this is perfect! I hope to get them a few times a year.  If you are local - I had mine done at The Grand Pearl Spa in Grand Rapids.  I can't recommend it enough!

On to the nitty gritty here though ladies!  This is what my daily skin care routine consists of:

Morning

Since my skin is break-out prone I try to be pro-active with it.  This cleanser is mild and makes my skin feel super clean.  
This stuff is pricey (eek!) but I've been using it on my skin since the HydraFacial and I feel like it's keeping up the 'glow' - so I'm gonna go with it. 
My skin gets SO dry in the winter. In the summer I use this cream only at night, but for the winter I use it day and night.  It's thicker than I usually go in the morning but it doesn't feel heavy or make my face feel greasy. 
I've been using Beautycounter products for about two years now and this eye cream is my favorite.

Night

This cleanser takes makeup off and smells great.  It's perfect for all skin types. 
This is THE anti-aging product right here.  It eliminates fine lines and regenerates the skin.  Your skin can get dry if you use it too much. So I go 3 times a week on this one.  You only need the tiniest amount of product.  Don't use it if you will be in the sun the next day. I've found the added benefit of this product is that my skin is MUCH less acne prone after using it regularly for a while. 
I am using this day AND night right now.  I really love it.
I've been using Beautycounter products for about two years now and this eye cream is my favorite.

Other

I also use the Avene Profesional Retrinol .05 to spot treat pimples or zits the moment I feel them coming. I just put the tiniest amount on the upcoming blemish.  This is the best spot treatment I have found so far!

The Beautycounter Nourishing Rosewater is the perfect mid-day pick me up.  If I have evening plans I spritz this on and then put a fresh coat of blush on.

If you are looking for a more budget friendly serum instead of the Skinceuticals C E Ferulic in the morning, I recommend the Juice Beauty Age Defy Serum.

Another blemish-busting tactic I use is applying the Juice Beauty Apple Peel Masque at night if I feel a blemish coming.  It's all about catching those blemishes right away!

If you have never tried the Juice Beauty products before I can not recommend them enough.  To get started they offer 'trial' packs that usually contain about a month's worth of several products for a great price.  I've never bought a full size Juice Beauty product before trying it in one of these trial boxes.  You can try them all and see which ones you like the best.  My favorite are the Blemish Clearing Solution pack and the Age Defy Solution pack.  I've tried the Anti-Wrinkle Solution pack and didn't love it. But that was just my experience.

And in the "weird" category.  I'm all about these snail masks... they smell good and give a good glow. They are also great for getting over a blemish if you didn't catch it in time or it was a particularly tough one.

You can also shop by scrolling all the products below!  Please let me know if you have any questions... I am happy to answer them!




 

site design by kiki co.