Wednesday, October 26, 2016

(almost) winter must-haves!

We've got a small chance of snow in the forecast here in my neighborhood today and let me tell you was that a reality check!  We have had the warmest and most beautiful fall this year which is going to make the harsh reality of winter even more brutal.  The good news is there are cute hats, vests, scarves, boots, pjs and cozy candles to keep us at least looking good through the rain, cold and snow that the winter will inevitably bring.

I will often throw on a vest over a cozy sweater on a cool day when a full coat isn't necessary.  And of course an oversized scarf and an adorable pom pom hat is a must for walking the kids to the bus-stop or running errands on a windy day.  The shorter days are perfect for pulling out the pajamas a little earlier at night and sitting by the fire with a book.  I love to light a candle in the afternoon while I make dinner to add to the coziness.  And of course, this is the time of year where I start stashing a pair of gloves in my purse for cool mornings - just in case!  As you may have realized, this time of year is all about coziness and warmth for me.  Layers, candles, books, and warm boots are the perfect antidote to the cold winter weather that is just on the horizon.  How do you stay cozy this time of year?





 

site design by kiki co.