A huge thank you to the whole Madewell store at Somerset and specifically Amanda and Erica!
What I love about shopping with girlfriends (besides the major bonding and non-stop chatting and giggling) is getting other women's perspective on clothing. They pick out different things than I would or style pieces differently than I would. It's like shopping with four extra pairs of eyes. Below I rounded up the favorites of ours from the shopping trip.
1. silk pocket skirt… I loved this relaxed skirt on my friend Summer. It's perfect to dress up or down for the spring and summer.
2. leather handbag… the leather handbag selection at Madewell is perfection. Great prices for butter soft leather in classic and simple silhouettes.
3. side zip striped sweater… more than a few of us ended up with this sweater in our shopping bag. It was universally flattering and we all agreed that while this a great spring/summer sweater it will also transition well to fall.
4. embroidered shift dress… my friend Meg snagged this beauty and it's gorgeous for summer and definitely party ready. We all agreed that it would be darling with a denim jacket too.
5. cropped skinny jeans… Madewell denim may just be my new favorite. In great cuts and super stretchy fabrics that are touted to not have the six o'clock sag (you know gals!) I am hooked. Plus they offer free shipping and returns on all online denim purchases or free hemming in store. Score!
6. leather sandal… their leather shoes stack right up their with their leather bags. Every gal that tried these shoes on LOVED them - and they were ULTRA flattering. My friend Carrie took these home with her and I can't wait to see her wear them!
7. clubsport tee… many of us confessed we are hooked on the baseball/varsity style tees that Madewell offers (and boy do they have some great offerings!) this top was no exception. The super thick cotton material made it really flattering.
8. chevron necklace… my friend Meg has had this necklace for a while and she wears it ALL the time and it looks great with everything. We all decided it's an absolute winner.
Thanks again to Madewell and my friends for such a fun day!
Also check out the current #totewell contest Madewell has going on right now where you could win a $1,000.00 shopping spree. Details here!