Monday, August 12, 2013

fall trends to try: burgundy!

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year around the blog these days as I kick off the "fall trends to try" series!!!!  This is one of my all time favorite blog series' and while it has evolved over the years, it is still designed and brought to you to do two major things for you this fall: 1) clue you in on what I think are the easiest and most stylish trends to try this fall season and 2) give you tons of tips and tricks on how to style these trends for everyday wear.  For the next few weeks this blog will be all-fall-all-the-time and when we are done you (and I) will have a firm plan for our fall style and back to school shopping (if that applies to you!).

If you are like me, you absolutely love to comb the magazines, blogs and catalogs this time of year to see what the new trends are going to be for the season (or if you don't love that... don't worry, I'll do all the work for you!).  However, I kept finding each season that the trends that the magazines and runways were predicting were just NOT suitable for my lifestyle as a busy mom (or for that matter... most everyday gorgeous ladies!).  It left me bummed and discouraged.  So instead of lamenting I just figured I would chart out my own trends for the season based on what I was seeing and loving in the stores, blogs, catalogs, etc and report them here to you. How easy is that?

Today's trend to try for fall is burgundy... it's a gorgeous and flattering color for fall and here I have plenty of great pieces to try and a few ways to style it up as well!  I'd love to hear your thoughts on burgundy as well... are you loving it? Do you have some from previous seasons that you are excited to pull out? Or your eye on a new piece to snag this year?




(get the look above: denim, hat, sweater, flats, necklacebag)



(above: waxed denim - in LOVE with these!, top, jacket, flats, clutch, earrings)

Stay tuned for more great trends all week (and into next!)...


see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.