Wednesday, January 4, 2012

my outfit: casual Christmas!




This was my "Christmas Day" outfit. Christmas Eve day we drove to my brother-in-laws on the East side of Michigan for family and fun-ness.  Then the next morning we woke up bright and early and headed to my dad's in the Chicago suburbs.  Then the following day we headed into downtown Chicago to see my mom and have some fun in the city.  Then literally two days later we had to go back to the East side of the state again.


To say we spent some "time" in the car for the holidays is an understatement. BUT, it was worth it. And double BUT, it wouldn't have been possible with our usual winter weather - so it was a huge blessing in disguise that Mother Nature forewent the usual white Christmas in exchange for a "we don't have to worry about road conditions" Christmas.  Usually by this time of year we have had about 30 inches of snowfall.  This year... only about 3 or 4 inches.


So... all that talk, talk to simply say that I needed and wanted a really comfortable outfit but something cute too.  It's necessary in the car, no?  The minute I walked into my dad's house my brother handed me a mimosa (ahhhhh!) and the kids started ripping into their presents.  So I had to be "ready" when I arrived.


On a side note... the entire side seam in this poncho ripped out Christmas Day too (super sad face)... does anyone who owns this sweater have the same thing happen to them? I'm so bummed, I guess I'll need to pull out my thread and needle (I'm terrible at this stuff).


Please also note the fabulousness that is this scarf/snood that my sis-in-law picked out for me for Christmas. It's BIG and I love it!  And also this GORGEOUS bracelet from GS Lillian.  Seriously drop dead. And I think it totally "made" the outfit.



Details:
Scarf, Gap
Poncho, Target
Chambray Top, Old Navy
Jeans, Zara
Flats, Old Navy
Bracelet, GS Lillian (courtesy of)

 

site design by kiki co.