Wednesday, September 14, 2011

my outfit: wellies and saying no!

I have decided that without a doubt, wellies are completely mandatory for Saturday morning soccer games (for my kiddos, that is).  The grass is always dewey and always seems to be just mowed and I hate wet toes or worse, wet toes with chunks of grass stuck to them.  When I come home from the games I can just hose them off and voila!  All clean!


The fact that I just snagged these green wellies is even better because the grass blends in when it's stuck all over them.  What more can a soccer mom ask for. I mean really.  Oh, fleece lined wellies you say? Sure, Sperry has that covered as well.  These wellies are lined in super soft fleece, so just slip your toes in and you are good to go!  Score! (literally)


So I talked about being overwhelmed last week and I know a lot of you ladies can relate - one big decision I made in that regard was just to take my to-do list a slash out some serious line items.  Not slash them out as in "these items are complete" - no, I mean slash them out as in "these items just aren't going to get done."  As in, not now... probably not later - finito.  To that end I have shelved good tots for now.


I had amazing contributors there (a round of applause for Jackie and Christina) but even with their help and inspiration I just couldn't keep all the balls in the air. I felt like I was neither here nor there and quitting it (for now) was the best option.  By nature, I'm not a quitter.  But I think sometimes you just have to know when to say no and to what.  Having my face glued to my computer from now until eternity is not what I want for my life.  Building a blog, and thus a small business, that excites me and inspires me and makes me want to get out of bed each day and be a better person is more of what I have in mind.


Sometimes you have to cut the "good" to be "great".  I've been amazed that in the week and a half since I've made that decision how much lighter I feel.  It not only feels great to feel mentally lighter, it also feels great to consequentially know that I made the right decision.  In the end, it's hard to say no.  And I have to keep saying no to it each time a post idea pops into my head or each time I want to share with fellow moms that I write a blog for kids too.  But I'm hoping and trusting that the process of weeding out a few things in my life will help me in the future to keep making better decisions.


I guess I will find out!


Details:
Necklace, courtesy of Stella & Dot
Shirt, H&M (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Boots, Sperry via Nordstrom Rack courtesy of Nordstrom

Check out these other great posts!


 

site design by kiki co.