Monday, September 26, 2011

my outfit: layers!

Layers are definitely the name of the game these days... and that is one of my favorite things about fall!  I've had a lot of fun picking one, two or three layers these past few days and I find myself being more creative with them than I have in the past.  It's so fun to layer up!


This color combination: pink/navy/grey caught my eye somewhere in my last issue of Lucky Magazine and since then I've been obsessed with it.  This navy blazer comes in especially handy for the trio of colors and I've also styled it with a grey t-shirt and my pink mocs (mocs seen here).  Any way I combine these three colors seems to be a winning combo for me.


Inspiration can strike in many ways, but lately I've found if I get a color scheme in my head and then just put together the pieces in my closet that match up with that idea - it seems to work.  It also helps that these days I have a lot more color in my closet than I ever used to before.


When you build outfits do you work towards color schemes? Silhouettes? Themes?


Details:
Blazer, American Eagle (similar)
Grey Sweatshirt, Crewcuts (long story... but a serendipitous one!) (similar)
Pink Top, Zara (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)
Sunglasses, Forever 21 (similar)
Watch, Fossil via Nordstrom Rack courtesy of gift card from Nordstrom

 

site design by kiki co.