Monday, June 13, 2011

my outfit: take me out...

... to the ball game, of course!  It's hard to decide what to wear when you know you are about to sweat to near death... I was almost frozen (pun intended) with indecision.  And good for you - and me - I sweat just shy of death and fun was had by all.


I swear I never even got sweaty before I had kids. My life must have been awfully leisurely back then.


I was seriously worried about wearing white shorts to a baseball game (think: hot dogs, ketchup, pop, beer and cotton candy) - but the style gods were with me and they survived the game.  We have a little yokle-local baseball team here - the Whitecaps - and dang... baseball is fun people!


I'd love to get some season passes for the family... because while the afternoon games are hot and sunny, I bet some of the evening games are juuuuust perfect.  And what is more fun than hanging with the family and a bunch of hot dogs for a few hours? Nothing!


We rooted for the home team... and they won. Absolute success.


Details:
Hat, Target (similar)
Earrings, Forever 21 (similar)
T-shirt, Gap (similar)
Shorts, DIY'd jean short (similar)
Sandals, Havianas (similar)

ps. for any of you that were wondering (anyone? anyone?) I most definitely WILL be doing the next 30/30 Challenge that Kendi is hosting... I'm just working on getting myself home from vacation and back to reality!

15 comments:

kristen said...

so cute! i looove those bracelets!

Monica Whitney said...

I have never sweat so much since moving to the south. I can't imagine what this is going to be like when I have kids one day. LOVE that hat!

Monica @ Ask the Duplex

Lili said...

Wow! This outfit is perfect in just about every way! I LOVE IT! If I were you I'd take it off and put it on the front porch because I may just be on my way to pick it up and elope with it!! :-D

Relatable Style

Meredith said...

I definitely was wondering if you were going to do 30 x 30 - it's great that you are! (PS. The hat is adorable!)

Cara said...

Great outfit for a game, love the hat and bracelets!

I'm thinking about attempting the 30x30 challenge, just need to assess the closet tonight!

Kayla said...

My you look simply fantastic. Those white shorts are amazing on you to say the least. I love this whole look!

Heather said...

Love it! I am actually going to a baseball game in a couple weeks, and I was thinking about an outfit. Great idea!

maria said...

such a great outfit on you, the navy blue shirt and the hat look fantastic!!!

Rolled Up Pretty and Cut Off Thoughts said...

I love that hat, so cute!

Erin said...

What I'm wondering is HOW IN THE WORLD YOU DON'T GET HAT HEAD wearing that hat! I have the same hat (and granted, I have a large noggin) and it leaves me with a perfect helmet head upon removal...any tips??

Linda Rose said...

Jill, you cutie! You look amazing! Love this whole look and how you pulled it all together. And love the fact that you made that hat ok to wear some other place besides the beach! You look good!

Kristin said...

Hi! New reader here! Those shorts look awesome on you! And of course the hat is perfect for a baseball game - you're making me hungry for a hotdog!

http://www.longenecker-storyshort.blogspot.com/

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Erin, I don't know how!?!? It's almost a miracle though, but this hat does not give me hat head!

amber said...

i love this outfit! its the perfect summer casual look!

Lauren K said...

Your bamboo bangles are really interesting! If you were sweating in these pictures, you can't tell : )


 

site design by kelly christine studio