Monday, June 27, 2011

my outfit: neon!

I recently saw this top at Target and liked it... but when I saw Kendi actually sporting it - it was the little push I needed to call it mine.  I was relieved Target still had it in my size and when I brought it home this little top just sung when I paired it with my beloved pink blazer.

A match made in heaven via blogland.  The power of peer pressure is still alive and well.


I was just thinking to myself that I actually wished I got dressed MORE in the summer. I feel like I am always just throwing something on to take on the day and whatever it might bring.


But that's the thing with summer... the days can be sweaty and long filled with chasing kids and gardening. Or simply just being in my swimsuit for most of the day.  Either or - summer outfits are the most fun to put together, but also the hardest to actually wear.


Right now I could put this yellow neon top into about five really fun outfits (think: white jeans, shorts, maxi skirt, etc, etc).  But will this top make it into all those looks? Doubtful.  But I will try...


Who really wants to say they spent their summer "getting dressed" though? I'll leave that for fall and take sweaty t-shirts and bathing suits all day long for now.


Details:
Blazer, Zara (similar)
Yellow Tank, Target (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Jeans, Gap
Nail Polish, Silken Cord by Essie

psst... check out these posts by me as well...

  • a fun and fresh summer look for less inspired by Naomi Watts.  You have to check out these adorable red shorts!
  • Jessica Alba looking simply fabulous while pregnant... 
  • Don't forget to enter this giveaway!

15 comments:

That's Sassy said...

love the bright neon combination! It makes your eyes standout and they are the perfect colors to bring out a summer tan!!!

maria said...

I love this combo, not to mention how blue and pretty your eyes look with it all!

Raegan Alicia Branch said...

What a fun outfit!

Cara said...

I'm mildly obsessed with this outfit! I love the brights together, and the flared jeans. Such a great start to the week.

chellemorgan said...

Great choice on the top! Love how you paired it with the bright pink blazer! Yay for colour blocking :)

Xo Chelle
discoveringelegance.com

Katie said...

You look great! I now may have to go get myself something neon too!

Linda Rose said...

I totally know what you mean about getting dressed. It's hard to do when you don't know what the day can hold. But I am so glad you did get dressed! This looks so great on you! And you freakin' eyes are sooo blue! Just beautiful!

Alysson said...

great neon fun!! I don't think your blouse looks to snug at all!! perfect fit. good buy. XO

https://simplicityisultimatesophistication.wordpress.com/

MerciBlahBlah said...

This is one of my favorite all time outfits of yours, like EVER. I love love LOOOOOOVE the neon pink and yellow combo, and those jeans are crazy bananas good. Rock on witcho bad self, mama.

merci!
Shannan

Rach is Ordinarily Urbane said...

Definitely a match made in blogger heaven! I adore the pink + yellow combo, and it's just too cute and cheerful on you. x

A. said...

What a fun outfit! Love the yellow against the pink blazer! Sometimes I feel the same way about summer dressing. I've definitely been throwing whatever on since it's quite warm outside:) -A

Blurbs.

a Bug and Bird said...

i love the colors of that zara blazer with the yellow top even though i have never worn a single yellow item for fear of the color against my asian skintone

i love the pink and yellow with your red nail polish as well!

designgirl said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful look on you!

Style in General

Gray Skies said...

I love the pink and yellow combo! I've been seeing that a lot lately, and it's never something I would have thought to put together, but now I'm dying to try it!

bex said...

I adore this look!
You look so bright and so casually put together.

Bex


 

site design by kelly christine studio