Tuesday, May 31, 2011

my outfit: get sporty!

This is day two of giving the crappy weekend weather a one-two punch. Except for with this outfit I went with extreme comfort.  The original plan was to go to the movies with the kids... wait, scratch that... the original-original plan was to be at the pool all weekend. So technically the Plan B was to take the kids to a movie.

Then the weather turned real sour with severe thunderstorms and weather.com even warned of "deadly lightening" - ummm, really?  Yeah, so we weren't about to drag the kids to the movies.  Instead I popped over to the local drugstore and snagged two red box movies and a bunch of candy (we made homemade popcorn) and instead of spending $30 - 50 at the movies we spent $7.  Score!


Wouldn't you know it... after two run throughs of Never Say Never (not so bad) and one of MasterMind (horrible... or is that movie called MegaMind, whatevs) the four of us were seriously bouncing off the walls. But luckily, we lived through the lightening.  Duh.


Any way... my husband calls these shoes my 'sporty' shoes. I don't know what that means. I just figured it was worth mentioning.


Also, I could write an entire post on my love of this orange nail polish (did I mention Jackie sent it to me? love that girl...) but I will spare you the details.  Seriously. Love.


Details: 
Blue & Green Striped Top, H&M (similar)
Blue & White Striped Top, H&M (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Watch, Michael Kors
Shoes, Superga (I got mine cheaper at GILT!)
Glasses, "fun ones" from Forever 21 (similar cheap, similar drool worthy)
Nail Polish, similar to 'One of a Kind' from Essie

psst... check out what's on my other blogs today!

 

site design by kiki co.