Wednesday, April 6, 2011

work it wednesday: toms!

It's work it wednesday gals... the oldest running series here on good life for less where I take one wardrobe piece and style it three different ways for your reading pleasure... and inspiration!  Today we are going to tackle TOMS shoes... I just love TOMS, but how to style them is a common question that I receive.

TOMS is an amazing company that gives away one pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair you buy - it's an amazing mission and I am happy to support their work by buying shoes!  You can check out a lot more information about their company on their website - TOMS Shoes.

Here are a few ways I've styled mine... super laid back, usually with lots of layers...


Since these are mostly fall or winter looks... I also pulled together some spring and summer looks for your inspiration...




Aren't these outfits so fun? Makes me want another pair of TOMS! 


TOMS Shoes

12 comments:

Jenn from Much to My Delight said...

I'm assuming Toms are very comfortable, no? They look like they'd slip on easily and make everything more effortlessly stylish. You may have convinced me to get some for spring. I love your first outfit combo!!

Sam said...

I love all of these looks! The last one's probably my favourite though. I always think about getting TOMS but there's uncertainty around them, which could be rumours. I wonder about how much it actually does for donations? I might give in soon anyways, they're super cute lol.

http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

Monique Zuman said...

I love that turquoise ring!! Its so pretty!!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Jen, Yes - they are SUPER comfortable!

Sam, I am sure there are rumors - I am not willing to research them. But the facts are this: every company selling us clothing/shoes/accessories are making HUGE margins for their companies - they ALL are. BUT none (or very, very few) of them gives shoes away to kids in need. End of story. TOMS is a great company with an amazing mission that they are fulfilling!

annie said...

Oh, I love TOMS... Just ordered my second pair last week. They're so comfy, and they're doing such a good work. I'm happy to support them! (And you make it easy; every single one of these outfits is adorable!)

Christine said...

I have Tom Jealousy!
http://work-it-blog.blogspot.com/

Meg O. said...

You know, I really am not a big fan of TOMS because they kind of look like mummy feet to me, but I LOVE those glitter ones!

Andi said...

I love Toms and I like the way you styled them! I just got some silver ones and they're great but I can't wear them until my sister's wedding. After that I'll be wearing them all the time! :)

http://peekabooblue.blogspot.com

kristen said...

Oh my goodness...I love the looks you put together! You are rockin' your Toms as usual! Thanks for the inspiration!

Maggie Rose said...

I really love my TOMS (I think I will even more with shorts than with long jeans) and can't wait to get another color or two. I love all of these outfits - so springy and happy!

Andrea said...

I adore all three of these looks! I have gray ones and the blue stripe wedges. You're making me REALLY want some bright ones now...

Andrea
http://peanutbutterhandprint.blogspot.com

kelseywilliams said...

I have that silver pair in your second feature. They are so comfy! Did you take part in the day without shoes yesterday? :)


 

site design by kelly christine studio