Friday, April 8, 2011

what to wear: royally speaking.

Hands up if you are a super-nerd like me that is drooling over any of the nuptial news on the royal front? (I'm here with both hands up...)

It's borderline silly and makes me feel a bit like a 13 year old.  But this is Wills here people, WILLS.  He is super handsome as far as royalty goes (have you seen his dad - eek!) and when the handsome prince actually chose a brilliantly gorgeous princess-to-be - well the stakes became outlandishly high.  They are likely to be THE couple of the decade if not the century and while the wedding is oh so very interesting to me, I also look forward to seeing the princess and perhaps-future-king as they begin to modernize the idea of royalty in England - fashionably, to boot!

Any way... I thought I'd do a different take on my usual Friday afternoon posts for the next couple of weeks and take the opportunity to do some royal daydreaming.

Today we will discuss what to wear to Kate's bridal shower...
Next week, April 15 we will discuss what to wear to a proper I'm-almost-royalty bachelorette party...
April 22 we will discuss what to wear to the wedding ceremony at the church & the tea following that is hosted by the Queen.
And lastly, on April 29 we will all imagine what we are wearing to the evening party hosted by Prince Charles to fete the new couple.

Are you down?  And if you care to play along... please do!  Link up to your outfits in the comments so I can come drool and play make believe with you.  Remember - class is of the utmost importance; price, however, is not.

Shall we?  Of course, I couldn't choose just one dress... I like to have options.




So what would you wear?

14 comments:

Monique said...

I like the second outfit best!

Monique xx

misszuman.blogspot.com

Marie said...

Great idea! I love it! I too am a bit of a dork when it comes to the big wedding... especially being from Canada where the Brits still play a (small) part in our country. I'll be dragging my husband out to see them in person when they visit our city!

I love both looks. Can't wait to see what you put together for all of the other special events.

Dayle said...

Oh my gosh!!! The back of that little black dress is to die for!! Love both looks! My high school heart broke the day Prince William got engaged.... I used to be so in love with him! But Kate is seriously adorable, so I'll allow it ;)

annie said...

What a fun idea! :) I love the first outfit... those colors are so fabulous! Definitely "royal"! :)

Lili said...

YAY! I'm happy that you went through with your royal posts and I gotta say, I WILL SO WATCH THE WEDDING. My housemates already know that I reserved the TV that day, haha. I can't hep but being a fan of Wills and Kate, too! And I may secretly have had a crush on William when I was a teen. I remember being slightly sad about being a year older than him, haha!

Relatable Style

Heidi Lyn said...

I love the idea and the first outfit! It's great to get some color out there. I think Kate does the same thing for the royal family- add color.

Natalie said...

I am super excited about the wedding as well! One of my high school students and I are going to record it and watch it after I get off work...I might just have us get all dressed up {this is a royal wedding we are talking about here!}. I am excited for each Friday now! :)

CessOviedo said...

Oh how fun! Wish I were attending, but for the sake of Kate I'm not cause I'd stalk William and talk him out of it and ask him to marry me! .. ok but back to earth, I can't really pick an outfit they are both adorable, loving those pink shoes!

Cess O. <3
The Outfit Diaries

Terrie Mathison said...

I love your second outfit best but they are both great.

I put together my outfit too!

http://terriestreasuresfromabove.blogspot.com/2011/04/royal-wedding-shower_08.html

I will be following along and having fun with this too!

My Heart Blogged said...

I want that last outfit right not. The feather bag is so cute, and that bracelet is to die for. Gah, I'm in love with that outfit!
My Heart Blogged

catie said...

i am SO down.
i will wear outfit #2.

Emily said...

Fun idea! I hope the next set has hats, you can't have a royal party without 'em!

Dana - Curvy With A Side Of Confidence said...

This is such a fun idea! I love it. The first outfit would be my go-to. I just love all the bright colors and the dress is really reminiscent of the dress Kate wore for the press release of their engagement, so it's obviously her style.

naijababelove said...

yummy! check out these affordable brooches that still look great with the middle outfit.

http://bit.ly/fSNQjr

http://tinyurl.com/3vnnlyc


 

site design by kelly christine studio