Monday, April 25, 2011

my outfit: sometimes you feel like a (blank), sometimes you don't.

How would you complete this phrase: Sometimes you feel like a (blank), sometimes you don't. (and if you answered 'nut' - you are my hero)

For me it would be: Sometimes you feel like a style blogger, sometimes you don't.

And I hate to admit it... but lately I don't.  I don't really feel like having my picture taken or like putting together unique outfits or anything. Doesn't that stink?  I'm sure it's just a little funk.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not getting dressed at all. I just seem to crave simple outfits with basic pieces and sometimes that doesn't seem very blog-worthy.  What can I say?  We don't all have stellar weeks or, ahem, months for that matter.

I've been wearing skinny jeans pretty much daily (this pair to be exact) and I've worn a lot of t-shirts.  If you've ever though that being a style blogger, or blogger in general is easy, well, it's not.  Fun - yes, mostly. Easy - not so much.

I guess I'm just hoping that my readers will let their (hopefully) favorite blogger off the hook today. Any one? Any one?

Scarf, Limited (similar)
White Top, Old Navy
Blazer, LOFT (similar)
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Flats, Sam Edelman (similar)


Linda Rose said...

you do not need to be let off the hook. this simple style is so you! and i love you for it. and you're for sure my favorite style blogger. :)
simple, yet classy. you look great!

Katie Baba Nielson said...

i agree with linda! no need to be let off the hook. sometimes, you have to take a break from the things you love to learn to appreciate them again with a new spark. maybe that's what you need... simple outfits are my fave, so i'm a fan of what you're feeling. oh, and i definitely answered with "nut" and felt so unsophisticated... until i heard that i was your hero.

kristen said...

Of course! But I've missed your outfits!! You look great - very classic.

Kelly said...

You look great! I love seeing simple outfits as well.


Cassie Lee said...

You still look cute and I am all about the basics too! Magazines are inspiring me lately--maybe that will get the style-spirit circulating again?

Mrs. Biscuit said...

Haha, don't fret pretty lady! I've been wearing my beloved stretchy pant for days... Then yesterday I got all gussied up to go shopping and get a snack with the hubby... except we forgot everything is closed on Easter, and we were so cross about it I didn't take any pictures... It feels like a wasted outfit! Oh well, at least I'm not a fashion blogger! =)

<3 MuffinLovesBiscuit

Kassie said...

I'm not feeling like one either!

Andrea said...

I can definetely relate. I think it has something to do with the climate for me. When I scroll through most blogs they are well into spring and dressing accordingly. Here in the NW we are still mostly in cool rainy weather so it is hard to feel like putting together outfits that are fresh and creative!

Never the less you still look great.

b.a. said...

ugh. i'm (obviously) in the same funk. i feel like my life revolves around running lately (and running clothes!) i'm bored with my closet and don't even feel like shopping. blah blah blah. (did i mention it's raining today? probably doesn't help my mood...) either way: thumbs up for giving it the ol' college try! ha. (and your "try" is better than most people's "best", so that's gotta count for something!)

Chloe said...

Love this. So simple but so lovely.

C x said...

Thanks for your honesty, and I hate to say it - even when you're in a funk, you still look amazing! Love black blazer over white shirt!

Rebecca said...

I like simple style, and the layers look great!

Elizabeth Kate said...

Jill, you are always fabulous :) Even if you don't feel like your outfits aren't, you still look great!

Lili said...

It's good to go back to basics every now and then, and readjust your blogger eye. Or else we'll all end up piling the stuff in our closets on ourselves incessantly... And look like the bloggers I personally don't like that much (you know, the ones who look eccentric because they think nothing else is blog-worthy).

And I've recently read one phrase on another blog that helps me through bad days... I can't remember where I read it, sadly, but one blogger said "Sometimes I hate my blog." And then another replied: "Yeah. And sometimes you don't." And that's it :-)

And by the way: I like your simple look a lot :-)

Relatable Style

e.kinnear said...

It may not be "flashy", but I love this look! Totally classic, you look great! So no, I won't "let you off the hook" cause you don't need to be!


site design by kelly christine studio