Wednesday, March 9, 2011

work it wednesday: red!

Time for another Work It Wednesday... it's the oldest running series here on the blog where I take one item or style and "work it" three different ways for your wardrobe!

Today I am featuring a fun and classic color for spring - red!  It's everywhere lately and I was astonished to find that I don't own ONE red piece of clothing. Can you believe it? Red is definitely on my spring shopping list.  But where to start? What to buy? How to incorporate?  What I do love about red this season is that it comes in all tones from orange-y to deep almost purple reds, so there is something for every skin tone.

Here are some ideas... and let me tell you, after putting these outfits together I am craving red even more than before.  I even went a little overboard and created FOUR outfits instead of the usual three, I couldn't help myself!

Enjoy!



(above: scarf, jeans, top, bag, jacket, flats)





So are you up for RED this spring!?!? Do tell!

10 comments:

good.clean.fun said...

i love the orange/red shorts. great, now i want them!

snarktart said...

I just got a Kate Spade bag in the mail yesterday in Persimmon, it's an orangey red almost (redder than those shorts, but close) and I'm dying to wear it this spring with different outfits. I haven't done much red in the past, but this seems like a good way to toss up my outfits a bit.

Nicole said...

The 3rd look with the red shorts and huge shades is adorable. Definitely something I can put together with pieces I already have.

Raegan Alicia Branch said...

The third outfit is definitely my favorite!

Les said...

I want to wear the third look right now! And I'm wondering how to make an ivory lace skirt practical in my toddler-chasing everyday life. Great sets, Jill!

christina said...

I love the red with the teal in the bottom look. A color combo I'll definitely have to try. And I have some cute red shorts...I'll have to work those back into rotation this summer.

Emily said...

Why yes, I am up for red this spring! I actually just did a post on some great red pieces from Zara. Great minds think alike :)

http://www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com/

The Blissful Academic said...

I am excited for RED this spring! I love the second outfit the best.

My Heart Blogged said...

I like all the color combos. My favorite piece are the red pants.
My Heart Blogged

Laurita P said...

loving the last look with the deep purple-ish red with teal. great combo!

http://adorablydeliciouslp.blogspot.com/


 

site design by kelly christine studio