Thursday, February 17, 2011

my outfit: stripe hype!

Remember when I mentioned that I cleaned out my closet? Well, that means that I get to wear my favorite clothes more often - yay!  That also means you get to SEE my favorite clothes more often - ummm, yay!?!?  I hope you don't mind - just keeping it real over here.  So yes, I did JUST wear this shirt and I might have JUST worn these jeans too... this is how I roll peeps.


Holla for the TOMS!  My feet froze (again) but it was totally worth it!  I'm so so sick of wearing boots... I'll take these warm days (warm in Michigan talk means 40's and 50's) and flaunt my ankles best I can.



Lately we've been trying to take pictures after my husband gets home from work.  The kids and I tend to be a little ornery this time of day.  Thus me giving my husband THIS look: (as in, are we done yet?)


And this look to my kids: (y'all get back in the house! - except we don't really say "y'all" in Michigan, not that I am aware of at least)


And then, there is my I-look-tired-because-my-kids-are-crazy face.  That's always a nice one too.  Are you perky at 5:30pm or a little spent like me? Tell me I'm not alone!

Details:
Pea Coat, Old Navy (similar)
Striped Top, Forever 21
Jeans, Gap (similar)
Shoes, TOMS Shoes Silver Glitters

15 comments:

Maggie Rose said...

Love this outfit! Every once in a while I'm tempted to blog my outfits, but the pictures are often all awkward facial expressions or I don't know what to do with my arms. So those never get blogged. If I did them regularly, I'd want to do them in the morning (when I'm "fresh") but it's still dark when I leave for work...

FarmGirlInDC said...

I like that you're "keeping it real" by wearing your favorite clothes more often. Your blog inspires me to try new combinations of my favorites.

Morgan said...

You have officially won me over to the red and white stripes. I need a top like that STAT! :)

Kayla said...

4-6 pm is not called the witching hour for nothing!

love the stripe shirt and TOMS

Kayla said...

You look great. Love the outfit. My closet is in desperate need of a clean out. Perhaps it'll be my weekend project. Get a jump on Spring cleaning.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

Les said...

I do the same thing with my favorite pieces. I'll rediscover something and wear it to death for a week or two. That's one reason why I love your blog...you're very real about the outfits you post.

My Heart Blogged said...

I like to just take them quick, and get them out of the way.
My Heart Blogged

Nicole said...

Yeah, I am pretty much exhausted by 5ish everyday...which makes me sad because that's around the time I get to see my son for the first time since 8 a.m. that morning...I try and suck it up but some days are tough!

leigh said...

I did not know that you lived in MI! Me too :).
Sometimes I say ya'll to my 7th graders just to get their attention -- they ask me when I'm from. It's pretty comical.
<3 leigh

Beth said...

Your shoes are so fabulous!

Sandy a la Mode said...

just found your blog and love it!! a red striped shirt goes great with dark colors and your TOMS are sooooo cute!!

Stephanie said...

i like your nail polish. color, please?

4:30 is about the the time wine states getting poured in my house. i'm just sayin'. =) love the last photo. funny.

Jill GG (good life for less) said...

Stephanie - the nail color is No Spain No Gain by OPI - it's one of my faves too!

The Blissful Academic said...

I love that outfit! I recently bought a red and white striped shirt similar to that and I have been loving finding new ways to wear it!

Jenny said...

Oh, the hours between say, 4:30pm - 8pm are known in our house as "the witching hours" - so not fun, everyone is tired, hungry, cranky, confused, bored and just done. *sigh*


 

site design by kelly christine studio