Monday, January 17, 2011

my outfit: back to brunette!

First things first... thank you for your kind words about changing my hair.  You all are so supportive, I really can't be more appreciative.  Also let me say, there was nothing *wrong* with the color, it just wasn't me.  You all probably know how that goes.

I was excited to get back to my roots, er, my brunette color.  Ahhhhh... I can breath easy!


Do you ever have an outfit that just feels good?  I don't even care if you all like this outfit or not, I loved it.  I have had my eye on this chartreuse cowl t-shirt from JCrew for a while now.  When I saw it on sale + 30% off it was mine faster than you can say "mine."


The pictures didn't capture it as well as I would have liked, but I simply layered a chambray top underneath the cowl t-shirt.  I was surprised it worked, but it did! And I feel like I can never go wrong with black skinnies...  they are always chic and easy.  The best combo!


So how was your weekend? Do tell...


Details:
Chambray Top, Old Navy (similar)
Cowl T-shirt, JCrew (similar)
Belt, Gap (similar)
Black Skinnes, courtesy of Tulle (they are on sale!)
Black Wedges, Target (similar)

20 comments:

Daphne said...

Love this outfit. So funny I bought a top in the same color material from JCrew's sale as well. Might steal your look to try with the chambray shirt. Love it.

Linda Rose said...

I LOVE THIS LOOK! You look so great. And yeah, you're brown hair is super awesome. Totally understand about having what you feel your best in. No need to waste your time with anything else!

Jenn said...

This is an awesome combo! I love Chartreuse! Are those shoes comfortable?

Mama Marshmallow said...

Great look. I could totally picture myself wearing this outfit.

Kayla said...

Thank you so much for posting the link to the similar Forever 21 wedges! I have been stalking the Target website for weeks with no luck. Now I can get my own pair of coveted Black Wedges. Thank you Thank you!

YellowBirdDayBook said...

Love this outfit! I actually saw this top on the J.Crew website but didn't know if it would be warm enough for the winters here. Didn't even think of layering it!

Julie said...

I really love your entire outfit! J. Crew rocks :) check out my Meet Mark Blog at http://markrepjulie.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Love the top. Love. And love you love love you love you as a brunette. Gorgeous.

Jackie said...

Ooh, that color looks really pretty on you. You can pull off some colors that are hard to do lady! And I totally didn't even realize when we were skyping last night that your hair was back to brown! Duh Jackie. It looks good!

Sarah said...

Adorable outfit! Love the mustard colored sweater and that skinny belt.

Michelle said...

Love the outfit...simple and chic and I love that color on you!!

Kelly said...

I love that sweater! And I just saw those wedges on sale at Target - I may have to go back, then look super cute with pants!

shealennon said...

I love this--the colors of the chambray shirt and yellow top contrast so perfectly! And with the black, it's so chic!

Nicole said...

Looks great! Love that color with the black and chambray. Your hair looks great!

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

oh you're adorable! i have those same wedges from target and i love them. and this mustard cowl neck is a gorgeous color and perfectly layered over the denim. such terrific inspiration :)

thirtynothing said...

This is probably one of my favorites I've ever seen you wear! And I've liked a lot... Love the cowl, the color and the little bits of chambray peeking out, and the skinnies are perfect.

amber said...

i love the color of your shirt!!

Vida said...

I saw this cowl shirt and was one click away from buying it. It looks beautiful on you! The sale online at J Crew right now is ridiculous. I can hardly afford to shop there, but luckily this allowed me to drop $120 bucks this weekend... on $720 worth retail. And the free shipping was the cherry on top. I hope I haven't just encouraged anyone to do anything crazy! Haha :)

annie said...

i love the simplicity -- but still very put-together feel -- of this outfit. and i don't think i'll ever get tired of that mustard-y shade.

(loving the hair color, by the way. always go with your gut!)

Katie Bright said...

ooh, i really like that mustard yellow with the denim, super cute! and your hair is adorable! xo, katie


 

site design by kelly christine studio