Sunday, November 28, 2010

20 of 30... blue-er shades of blue!

The clothes that is... not me, I'm not blue. In any sense of the word. But these clothes are blue... a whole lotta blue.

This late in the Challenge (what Challenge?? The 30/30 Challenge!) things become very, um, I'll say... experimental. I have theories and ideas on how to wear things in new combos, but not until that combo is tried in real life and approved in a mirror is it approved. Furthermore, on AN occasion, I'm not going to say which one... even after pictures do you realize whether it works (or, more frustratingly) not. Note: you WILL NOT see that occasion... sorrs!


So, naturally, this outfit is a variation of a variation of a variation. Plus accessories.


And that is what I most dig about this Challenge this go round (more so than when I did it last time)... the variations I have come up with are surprisingly creative and wear-able. I am surprising even myself here folks. And I'll admit I love the confidence boost it gives me to put something together that I love and that yet is still completely out of left field.


Sure, I'll pat myself on the back.


Necklace courtesy of Towne & Reese. Click here for shopping locations. Also, ALL of their pieces are under $50. And the best news is that the generous folks at Shop Queen Street will give you a 10% discount on any Towne & Reese items by mentioning "GOODLIFE" at the checkout!

Details on all of the other items for the 30/30 Challenge can be found here...

13 comments:

Jenny said...

super, super, super chic!

Lauren said...

I think this may be one of my favorite outfits! Love it! :)

Jo said...

I love the denim on denim look! I can never seem to pull it off myself, though. But perhaps your post has inspired me to try, especially like, as you say, the 30 for 30 is getting to be "experimental" now!

Emily said...

I for one love this variation of a variation.

Melanie said...

You are insanely chic. I love your top--I need one!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

Linley said...

this looks great on you! and i love all the different blues! and the black boots with it looks amazing!

Kelly said...

I love the jean on jean look on you! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Beth Ellen said...

I love all the blue mixing going on here. You look gorgeous!

shealennon said...

I love your 30 for 30 looks so far--they're all so creative but still wearable. I think this is my favorite though--I love the mixture of the textures of blue!

Angeline said...

Love it! This definitely works. Don't you just love those pleasant surprises? :)

Jackie said...

Blue on blue rocks! I'll have to try that. I ordered that puffy vest from Gap that was in your winter looks books over the weekend when it was on sale for $30-I got the navy color. Can't wait to get it!

Katelyn said...

I have never seen a denim on denim look I have actually liked until now. Very cute!

I like how you added a blue sweater as well. I think it breaks up the fact that it's just a denim packed outfit.

Katelyn
blog.shopvoguevintage.com

karen★ said...

it's decided. as soon as the bank gives us our money back, i am off to some mystery location to grab a blue cardigan. i can't believe now that i don't have one.

p.s. blue is a REALLY great color on you!


 

site design by kelly christine studio