Sunday, November 21, 2010

14 of 30... make grey skies blue!

Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I tend to pick things up here and there as I find them. And then usually on Black Friday I really get down to business. We keep it pretty low key and I don't buy for a ton of people which is nice, because, um, like we aren't millionaires. I'm always amazed when I hear reports on the news that the average family spends like $5,000 a year on Christmas. Um, seriously? My family would be in the Caribbean for 5 G's. Not encircled in overtired kids and wrapping paper. I've got priorities people. Ho, ho ho!


I never used to "get" Black Friday. But then you have kids and you realize that all that crap they are selling for super cheap-o on Black Friday is for parents playing Santa. So yes, I'll be at Target (for sure) and maybe some others snatching up toys in my pjs, I mean, 30/30 clothes.


I have to say this outfit came together well. I had imagined it, but we all know sometimes we imagine outfits that are flops in real life. But I loved this look. I felt so preppy I even busted out the pearls. Fake ones of course... my real pearls aren't so "blingy" and a lot more sentimental. These are Target pearls.

My girl Jackie inspired me to paint my nails (usually mine are clear or buff)... but girlfriend always has her nails painted - duly noted in Vegas and in her outfit shots. And she was talking about Essie's new colors and I needed a pick-me-up. So voila! Hot Cocoa nails. I rather like them!

Oh, and I lost my train of thought... but who is shopping on Black Friday? In the stores or online or both!?!?

If you are new around here... all deets and links for 30/30 pieces are HERE!


Also... check this out!


Yours truly is featured over on Style Your Life!

22 comments:

Jen said...

Love this outfit! What a great color combination. This is definitely one of my favorite things I've seen on your blog so far (I'm a pretty new-ish reader, but I haven't ever commented 'til now). :)

Ashley J said...

That cardigan always makes your outfits more fun, so glad you included it into the 30 for 30 challenge because it makes me happy. I also love that big ring you are rocking with today's outfit! And no, I have not started Christmas shopping yet but need to get my butt in gear!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Best Foot Forward said...

This look is super preppy and super adorable! And I will most definitely be waiting in a huge line at Target when the doors open Friday morning. Looove Black Friday...it brings out the crazy shopper in me :)

MARIA said...

wow jill that color is awesome on you, really makes me happy!! great outfit!

Linda Rose said...

You look so pretty today! Love that outfit and your hair all curled is really beautiful.
Don't know if I'm shopping on Black Friday, but I am working. Does that count for something?

Daphne said...

Oh my goodness I love this outfit. The dark blouse under bright yellow and the pearls! just works.
I would love to copy to create a similar look. Love it.
Nail color is great as well. I have been totally into the '5 in 1 from sally hansen'. Great colors and you don't need base, top or strengthner coats!

Robyn said...

Cute for a gloomy day! And your hair looks super cute too! :)

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

Your nail polish was the first thing I noticed. Love it.

Love the hair curly, too.

xo e.

Alessandra said...

great look - casual, but chic. you look really pretty and polished.

Jackie said...

Oooh, fancy Jill today! Your hair and nails look great-as does your outfit. That color really does look so great on you.

I've done a bit of shopping already-but I avoid black Friday at all costs. Too many people makes me all nervous and I don't get anything accomplished.

ag. said...

I love everything about this outfit! It's just the right amount of everything! :) I'm in Canada and try to take advantage of some of the online Black Friday deals...it's too nuts to try and cross the border for shopping at this time!

Linda said...

I like this outfit very much Jill...it looks so different from your usual outfits, I don't know if it is the hair or the yellow sweater but it is all working!

The Auspicious Life

Sarah loves it all said...

Love this combo!! Is that denim top Old Navy? I have one that's similar and have worn it with a mustard top over. You are so darling.

Sara-Jane Elizabeth said...

I really love this outfit. So much. I like the mixture of the chambray shirt with the neon cardigan, so unexpected and cute!

Allison said...

You look beautiful! I love this outfit and the color of your sweater is fun. A great color on you. Your pearls make the outfit. Nice finishing touch. I adore pearls and find I wear them with almost everything. I'm wearing the Hot Cocoa on my toes. Isn't it a great color!

annie said...

Love, love, love this outfit. That sweater really "pops"! :) I've got Essie Hot Cocoa on my nails too. It's perfect for the season!

Elle Sees said...

I love it when you wear yellow. It's such your color! I'm copying this outfit today! I need some pearls that size, first...

thirtynothing said...

Probably my favorite outfit thus far! I love the idea of mixing neon with chambray, and flats with those skinnies is perfection. Good work!

b.a. said...

i read this post last night but forgot to tell you i love this outfit!!! yay for citron, denim shirts, and black pants. but especially citron!!!

Anne said...

this outfit is super cute - good idea including a bright cardigan in the challenge pieces for these gray days!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

i tend to stay in, shut off from the world on black friday. right now, there is nothing that i need or want that would inspire me to wake up at 3am to go shopping.

i really love this outfit. its like "preppy, casual" or "put together, comfy." either way, iiii like it :)

karen★ said...

i don't know if i commented yet or not, & i'm not checking but i REALLY love this outfit! the color of the cardi, the layered effect, the necklace...it all works so perfectly together! & the nailpolish looks so great!

no black friday for me thank you! they'd no doubt find me curled up in the fetal position underneath a rack somewhere!


 

site design by kelly christine studio