Monday, April 26, 2010

my outfit: white pants!

I'm having a blast wearing white pants already this season... I (only) have three pairs! How about you? Do you have them? Do you have your eye on a pair? Are you wearing them yet?


This ultra wide leg pair is a fun and classic style. They are perfect for every day wear and can be dressed up a bit if need be as well. I'm keeping it classic here with a leopard print belt, a chambray shirt and some bangle bracelets.



The number one thing I hear in response to wearing white pants is: "Oh, but don't they stain so easy?" Yes, I get little spots on them here and there throughout the day - it comes with the territory of kids, carpools and life in general. But I just take extra care to wipe a spot if I see one before the day is done (baby wipes are great for this!) and at the end of the day either spot check them before putting them back in the closet or I spray them with spot cleaner before popping them in the wash. (I do all whites on HOT too - seems to help keep them white).


I am getting a ton of use out of these nude sandals... I bought them last season and was excited to get them out again this season. I love the "barely there" look of them... perfect for warm days!

My toe nail polish is No Spain, No Gain by OPI... I am over the moon about the color. Not quite purple, not quite pink... some where deliciously in between. I think I could wear this color all summer!


Details:
Pants, Gap (similar)
Chambray Top, Old Navy
Belt, F21 (similar)
Bangles, ? (similar)
Sandals, F21 (similar)

12 comments:

Cat said...

I LOVE my white pants too! I have two pair and practically every spring/summer top I end up buying because "it will go so great with my white pants!" :)

PS~Erin said...

Lookin' good! Love those sandals!

Kathryn said...

I'm gonna wear my new white khakis from Old Navy for the first time today - Yay!

deyoungsters said...

I love this look! I have a pair of white pants but I'm scared to wear them... maybe I will copy this outfit and see how it goes! :)

Sage said...

I love wearing white pants in the summer too! I prefer my white in an outfit on the bottom rather than on top- not sure why.. I have 6 pairs of white pants and a few skirts. My advice: if you normally wear your clothes more fitted, you may want to buy your white bottoms a size larger than you'd normally get for a more flattering fit. White can amplify, even create problem areas when too snug.

Dobbygirl said...

I'm on the hunt for some white pants, my last pair I wore to death. I saw some cute ones at Old Navy this past weekend. You look great as usual :o)

Today Hilary... said...

Might try that shade for my next mani/pedi.....

karen said...

i love this whole outfit! it has to be absolutely one of my favorites! (as soon as it stop raining mud and dirt and snowing black stuff...i will finally be able to pull mine out...can.not wait!)

*i hope your weekend was full of yummy husband homecoming!

Ane said...

What a coincidence! I am wearing my only pair of white pants right now, with a leopard print belt and nude medium hills because I am at work, but it is too hot here today so I decided wear a sleeveless and "almost turtle neck" grey top (it is hard to describe it in English...). And Jill, I am wearing nude underwear ! ;-) Have a nive week!

Ane said...

I meant "nice" week...Sorry...

Nicole said...

Yeah, I am going a little crazy over white pants this year too! I LOVE them!

ashlina said...

oooh i love this look. so pretty so fresh.


 

site design by kelly christine studio