Thursday, July 2, 2009

good LOOK for less: Jennifer, twenty-something from Nashville!

Jennifer emailed me recently wanting to update her wardrobe with a good LOOK for less consultation. Of course I was thrilled to hear from her... this is a bit of how she described her style:

I'd really like to purchase some flexible summer staples that can work with one another. The name of the game with me and my wardrobe is flexibility. I do like having "outfits" but I much prefer when the pieces of those outfits can work in other outfits and can go easily from the office to the nightclub to the weekend.

Here is the catch: I am proportionally mismatched. I am short (5'3"-ish) with a big chest (30G) and wide hips, but my build is otherwise petite.

I am a 26-year-old college graduate working in an e-mail marketing office in Nashville, TN. The office dress code is casual, but I don't get much more casual than dark jeans, a blouse and nice sandals on Friday. My typical going out outfit is dark jeans and a v-neck tee and sandals. My weekend gear consists of shorts (or crops), sandals and tanks. It gets (and stays) pretty hot and humid in the summer here.

If I had to describe my style, I would call it sexy casual. I really like to mix classic neutrals with pops of bright color. And I always love a surprising color palette. I enjoy browsing through Gap, J Crew, and NY & Co. My hope for my new wardrobe is just to look more put-together.

Jennifer's budget is $200 and she filled me in on two items she recently purchased and wanted to incorporate into her consultation. This great dress and a fun bracelet:

With Jennifer's budget of $200 I was able to compile 12 new wardrobe pieces and 8 total outfits (although the options are endless!). Here is a peak at her shopping list:

Here are just a few of the outfits I put together... for more check out my Shopstyle Stylebook:

This is an outfit that can easily transition from work to weekend. The bright pops of yellow add style and fun and the white pants are a summer essential!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle

Shorts are more than just a wardrobe feature to keep your legs cool this season... shorts are more and more "fashionable" these days and paired with a floral top - a pattern that has been all over the runways - is a classic yet fashion-forward combination.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle

A skirt with a bold print is so fun and easy for summer. Paired with a bright orange top it is perfect for work or for weekend shopping and errands.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle

I love the dress that Jennifer's boyfriend just bought for her... so cute for work and for date night! Here I incorporated it with some of the new items.
Steve Madden at ShopStyle

Enjoy Jennifer! It was so fun working with you!


If you are interested in learning more about my wardrobe consulting services... click here! If you would like to see past clients I have worked with... click here!


Jennifer said...

Jill, I could not be more thrilled with my options! You NAILED it. I can't even pick a favorite piece. I have bought almost everything on my shopping list and I can't wait to strut my stuff down Broadway. Thank you so much!

I told my boyfriend about this and he wanted to know if you do this for guys!

Rachel said...

GREAT pieces!! I love these.. and they are all staples, so can be worn with many different styles!

Children of the Nineties said...

I love this! The pieces are all really versatile and classic but still young and fun.

Jennifer said...

I was sad, though, that the grey Steve Madden shoes were already sold out. I'm keeping an eye out for alternates.

jasmine said...

so cute! i love all the yellow!

Jennifer said...

Jill & Readers:

Thought I would let you know about this great discount code from Torrid: BDAY09T

This will take $10 off your total, as long as your total is more than $10! I just got that yellow ring for free when I bought the Orange Marbled Wave Bangle Bracelet!


site design by kelly christine studio