Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Work it Wednesday: Black "Maxi" Dress!

I had a lovely reader email me (seriously peeps, I love it when you email me!) wanting some suggestions on "wedding attire" for this summer... these were her "needs":

I've got a few coming up and I always have difficulty finding dresses that are appropriate, easy to wear in hot weather, and yet wearable after the wedding.


If you are one of those ladies that has a couple (or three, four, five!!!) weddings to attend this summer and you are not in the bridal party, finding a dress that is versatile and affordable can be tricky. And even then, what to do with all those dresses afterward, right?

I thought this subject would be perfect for "Work It Wednesday", no? I chose a simple black maxi dress. The maxi dress first peeked it's little fashion head out last season (I even scored a sweet DVF print inspired maxi dress from Old Navy last summer!) - and I am really excited to see it has gained momentum this season. And before you go all... but I'm short, but my legs aren't long enough, but I can't wear that style.... blah, blah, blah. I have TWO WORDS for you: Try It! And then I have two more words for you TAILOR IT! I happen to like to wear my maxi dress almost to the floor with heels on... but that's only because it makes me feel all sweepy and girly. If you feel like that is too overwhelming to your body, then tailor it up a bit! Tailoring is the cheapest way to update your wardrobe! (It's like paint for your interior walls!!)

So without further ado... here is a maxi dress, not one, not two... but FOUR ways (two for weddings and two for casual days)!




Want to know where you can snag one? So glad you asked... here are a couple at different price points!

$


$$


$$$

 

site design by kiki co.