Friday, January 7, 2022

what I wore this week!

 I don't always take photos of my daily outfits but I usually do a few times a week, so I thought it would be fun to round up those looks here.  Just everyday mom looks and working from home looks. It can be especially difficult to get inspired to get dressed in the winter, but I'm always reminding myself that simple  outfits are just as good as more interesting outfits during the months when it's more "fun" to get dressed like fall and spring. 

I'm mostly wearing feel good pieces like very cozy sweaters, skinny jeans, leggings or joggers to keep things cozy. We have had two snow days this week as well due to a very large storm that came through and I have been reminded how getting dressed feels good sometimes even when you are stuck at home. (no shame in staying in pjs all day either...)

Let's take a look at this week's outfits... I didn't realize it at the time but basically I only wore white and camel this week... haha! Well, I guess I know what I like. I only wore sneakers or winter boots this week... ugh, that's life in Michigan in January. Also I've had terrible pain in one foot so while on a snowy week like this week I would usually ONLY wear boots, I did do sneakers quite a bit since my boots are heavy and don't have great arch support. 

(above) I just LOVE this puff sleeve sweatshirt. It feels casual but looks a little more 'extra.' There is a great less expensive option that I linked as well. Perfect for a day of errands and working around the house. 
shop the look: sweatshirt (true to size) or less expensive option, jeans, similar sneakers

(above) This affordable cashmere sweater is a very close dupe to a much more expensive brand. It's gorgeous in person and the perfect winter day sweater being light but warm. 
Shop the look: sweater (I went up a size), similar jeans

(above) Leggings days are always a treat! I can never resist an outfit with leggings and an oversized sweater. 
Shop the look: leggings, sweater (true to size), sneakers

(above) Sometimes simple just feels so good.  A classic sweater and easy jeans is just right for feeling pulled together but still completely cozy.
Shop the look: sweater (true to size), jeans (runs big, go with your smaller size)

(above) For a doctors appt I went super comfy with joggers and a this sweater that fits like a sweatshirt. Who wants to be uncomfortable for a doctors appt? Not me!
Shop the look: sweater (I went down a size), joggers (I went down a size), sneakers



 

site design by kiki co.