Thursday, September 13, 2018

my top FOUR denim picks for fall!

It's no secret that I LOVE denim... when given the option I will choose it over all other pieces in my wardrobe. Denim for life, friends. I don't mind investing in my denim pieces even though that usually means owning less pairs.  In the end I really, really love each pair I invest in so I am okay with less of selection.  Today I thought I would round up my top four denim cuts and brands and fill you in on why I love them so much... your own new favorite pair of jeans might be right around the corner!

This is a new cut/brand to me that I purchased during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Since then these jeans have been a great addition to my wardrobe. They are classic with an ankle cut (since I'm on the short side: 5'4) with the perfect amount of distressing and a comfortable mid- to high-rise.  I find this mid- to high-rise cut the most flattering to wear and while sometimes it can be a little uncomfortable these jeans manage to pull it off perfectly with a little bit of stretch.  You can pair them with ankle boots, sneakers, flats... you name it for fall! This pair runs true to size. I'm wearing a 26 here. (shop more AG jeans here!)

Blank NYC "Mom Jeans" 
This is another pair I purchased from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.  This is definitely more of a "trendy" cut and if you aren't into it, I totally get that! I have to be in the right "mood" to wear them too (wink, wink).  Mom Jeans are usually defined as a high waist, little to no stretch and more of a straight leg.  Unfortunately this exact pair is sold out but this pair and this pair are very similar. (shop more BlankNYC jeans here)

I've been a huge fan of Madewell denim for many years.  They are a great price for the quality you get and they always have fun and trendy cuts and details. I absolutely LOVE this stretchy distressed pair.  I've found with Madewell that the 10" high rise is TOO high for me. I find the 9" rise to be both flattering and comfortable (and you can still sit down and eat, wink, wink!). Also, if you are petite or tall they carry extended sizes on their website. I find they run true to size, I'm wearing a 26 here. (shop more Madewell jeans here!)

I've saved the BEST for last... this is by far my FAVORITE cut of jean EVER. I own several pairs in this cut and love every single pair. They are SO flattering and crazy comfortable.  Since I'm on the short side they are all usually too long for me.  Here I cut the hem myself for the raw-hem look. You can also find them in "crop" length in some washes.  You literally CAN NOT go wrong with these jeans. I love them so much! There are lots of colors and finishes to choose from here. I find they always run true to size. I'm wearing a 26 here. (shop more Citizens of Humanity jeans here!)

What is your favorite cut/brand of jeans? I would love to know! Have you ever tried these I featured here?


 

site design by kiki co.