Monday, January 29, 2018

the beauty edit: 6 products saving my skin this January!

January skin is the worst... the humidity is so low and pair that with the heat always cranked in the house and the wind and subzero temps outside and I need all the help I can get!  This month I focus on moisturizing my face any way I can. I tend to pull back on the treatments like Retinol and face masks that can tighten and exfoliate the skin and more focus on moisture, moisture, moisture!  I find that keeping my skin almost OVERLY hydrated helps keep breakouts, little bumps and wrinkles at bay.  If you are prone to breakouts like I can be that usually seems counterintuitive.  But dry skin can crack easier leaving tiny breaks in the skin where bacterial and dirt can collect causing more breakouts.  So evenly moisturized skin acts as a better guard this time of year. 

Here are a few products I'm depending on daily to help my skin through these tough months!


6 Products Saving My Winter Skin:

This cleansing balm is packed with raspberry and cranberry seed oils to moisturize the skin and keep it supple. It can also be used to wash off makeup. I usually apply a fair amount after cleansing, let it sink into my skin for about 5 minutes and then gently remove it with a warm wash cloth.  Then follow up with a nice moisturizer and your skin will feel amazing in the morning. This time of year I do this treatment 2-3 times a week. One container will last a very long time!

I feel like I always talk about face oils, but that is probably because I do.  I particularly love this No. 2 Face Oil - I don't know why it's called "plumping" (kind of a funny name!) but I just like to call it magic.  It smells like Jasmin, which is one of my favorite scents and instantly adds that dewy glow to my face. I do a little bit at night with my moisturizer, or a little during the day - it's especially good on no makeup days. 

Juice Beauty Age Defy Moisturizer has been my go-to winter moisturizer for a few years now. In the summer I tend to use this only at night, but in the winter I use it for my day creme.  It's thick, but doesn't feel heavy.

For an invigorating shower experience I love using this rosemary mint body wash - it smells like a spa and wakes me right up in the morning!

My cuticles, hands and nails are SO dry this time of year. I've been slathering them with coconut oil a few times a day. It's super cheap, all natural and works great!  

This time of year I notice that my fine lines around my mouth - aka laugh lines - seem to be a little more pronounced.  Last year I was using this hydrating b5 gel to help with that and for some reason I quit and this year I can totally see the difference.  I'm back at it with this gel before I put moisturizer on and I notice a huge difference.  It's not cheap but you only need a few drops so it will last forever.

I've long loved using baby products on my own skin. Since usually they are gentle and not heavily scented they make a good option for daily use.  I love this baby oil and usually apply it all over my body after my shower for a baby-soft skin feel.


 

site design by kiki co.