Friday, May 10, 2013

Foodie Friday... my new cooking bible!

I will be the first to admit it... cooking for a family is difficult. The kids complain or can't sit still, the husband wants meat and potatoes and you just want a salad and then throw in after-school activities and it's a mess. Not to mention trying to find the time and energy after an already full day just to put dinner together (that is if you even have any food in the house!).  There are a lot of things going against a "family" dinner.  But studies show that it's one of the healthiest things families can do together: eat together.  It feeds us and brings us together even when it doesn't feel like it does (am I the only one that has to remind the kids a million times to sit straight!?!?).  And I believe those studies.

But talking about it is one thing, having the rubber meet the pavement is another.  Enter this book. I only got it about two weeks ago, but I have already made about four or five of the recipes and all of them are healthy and delicious and best part... my kids haven't complain about ONE of the recipes that I have made.  They have loved them all!  (that is truly amazing!)  Plus, my husband and I have loved them too. Super bonus!

Even if you don't have kids, you will find these recipes to be simple and inexpensive to put together - not too many crazy ingredients. Plus, the book is full of classic favorites, so each recipe is a crowd pleaser as well!


Mad Hungry Cravings by Lucinda Scala Quinn


 

site design by kiki co.