Wednesday, February 13, 2013

my everyday style: preppy date night!

This past weekend I surprised my husband with a sitter on Saturday night so we could head out to dinner together...  We have had, I won't say a "bad" but I will say a "challenging" start to 2013.  Everything is gliding on as it should, but the weeks have seemed uphill and "character building" at times and on top of that, the weather is really getting me down. I know I tease about it here on the blog and if you meet me at the grocery store. But full honestly: Seasonal Affective Disorder is a "thing" and it seems to be taking it's toll on me lately.  My heart sinks when it starts snowing (again) or when I hear the wind whipping around our house at night keeping me awake or when the furnace acts up again... (I just really need to get that thing looked at!).

We definitely needed a night out to dinner together to relax and regroup.  I just wanted to be comfortable and warm and since I do have enough gumption to realize that the winter will be over soon... I wanted to get some good use out of this new blazer that I just love!

On another note we spent the evening at Brewery Vivant... if you live in Grand Rapids and haven't been there - you don't want to miss this gem! I definitely prefer it in the summer when the beer garden is open, but the food and drinks (and truffle fries - YUM!) are great any time of year.  We have been there a handful of times but have never tried their "beer samplers" before. We did on Saturday and it was so fun tasting new beers together and discussing them.  It was a simple highlight of the evening!

And yes, the snow really IS that deep (almost to my knees!)








Details:
Schoolboy Blazer, J.Crew
Chambray Top, J.Crew
Striped Button Front Top, H&M
Jeans, Gap
Boots, Sole Society
Necklace, Baublebar (similar in pink or yellow)


 

site design by kiki co.