Monday, January 2, 2012

my outfit: fresh start in stripes!





The first outfit post of 2012!  Fitting that it's an ultra simple one, seeing as that is kind of my thing these days.  And when one wants to go 'ultra simple' - stripes are a great place to start.  I love outfits like this because they are super comfortable for whatever the day brings (errands or lounging) and it's also super easy to throw a cute jacket or hoodie over top (again, for either errands or lounging).


And coming off of the two week Christmas break that we've had... I can tell you now. All I've done is errands and lounging (and lots of seeing family too, I suppose!).  The first week was family fun week, everything from ice skating, to indoor play areas, to bowling, to movies. We did it!  Then the second week my kids were with the grandparents (AMAZING!)...


It worked out perfect because while they were gone my husband and I finalized ALL of our plans for our new kitchen! Woo hoo for a new kitchen in 2012! We are SO excited!  We've gotten everything from the cabinets to the counters to the appliances ordered and headed our way.  This is seriously one of the biggest "dreams" of my husband and I's that we will see realized together. We are over the moon excited.


I'll probably keep you guys all in the 'know' on how it's going and of course I'll be happy to show off the final product when that time comes as well.  You may remember that a while (long while) we shared Phase I of the kitchen remodel - you can see that here.  In that (very old) post we had talked about doing the rest of the kitchen in smaller phases (some which has been done already) - but for the most part we are doing this last part in one big lump.  It's just how it worked out.


How is your 2012 getting started? Do tell!



Details:
Striped Top, Gap
Jeans, Zara
Flats, Old Navy
Gold Sequined Heart Shoe-Clips, Ban.do
Green Bracelet, Old Navy (old)
Gold/Black Bracelet, Forever 21

 

site design by kiki co.