Monday, December 7, 2009

good LOOK for less: Carol, part-time working mom!

Carol emailed me for a wardrobe consult recently, here is a bit about her:

I need some help with my fall/winter wardrobe. I have some bottoms I would love to work around: a pair of straight leg jeans, a pair of trouser jeans, black pants, gray pants, and a black pencil skirt. I would like help finding clothes that will work for mom outings and meetings, as well as pieces that can work for a stylish business casual work environment. I like clothes with structure that are also feminine.

Carol had plenty of great bottoms to work with so for this consult (I have actually worked with her before) I focused on tops, layering pieces and accessories. Here's a peek at her shopping list: (the bottoms are "fill ins" for items she already owns and are not included in the budget)



Carol's budget was $250 and for that I was able to compile 14 new wardrobe pieces. Let's take a look at the outfits:

This outfit is a perfect example of one that can go from a casual work environment to errands to play-dates all if need be. It's structured, but comfortable.
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


For a busy mom on the go layers are key! Here some nice skinny jeans are paired with a simple but flattering boot and then the accessories take over from there!
Charlotte Russe at ShopStyle


I love the versatility of this look... it would be fabulous for a girls night out or date with your husband, or swap out jeans for a nice trouser and it's set for the office! A little sparkle this time of year is always fun and this cardigan is no exception!
Banana Republic at ShopStyle


Happy Shopping Carol!

~~~

Interested in learning more about my wardrobe consultation services? Click here or email me at goodlifeforless @ gmail.com!

 

site design by kiki co.