Thursday, February 25, 2021

trend to try: shoulder pad sleeveless top!

 The 90s trends are back in a BIG way. Some of them I am definitely on board with like preppy loafers or straight leg jeans. A few more I am dipping my toe into timidly... like the shoulder pad sleeveless top trend. I have loved it on other gals, but wasn't sure if it was for me. But I tried it and LIKE it! Maybe you will like it too? Today I am showing two ways to style the shoulder pad sleeveless top and linking some similar options too! Let's take a look at the outfits...

The top is a size small in both the white and the black - the black fit a little better and the white was a little bigger. It's frustrating they were a little different fits, but this happens from time to time. In general I would say it's true to size. If you are between sizes, consider going down a size. I'll be honest it was a little weird having actual shoulder pads in my shirt! I had a flashback to borrowing a shirt from my mom in the early 90s - haha! My overall verdict is that I am fan of this trend... I can't wait to sport this style this spring and summer. I paired the tank with jeans here but it would work great with shorts and skirts too! (note: if you are shopping this you will notice the thumbnails for the black top are elastic at the bottom, in reality there is NO elastic at the bottom, it's just as shown here. I'm assuming it was an issue with uploading the wrong images to the retailers website)


(above & below)
This top is making me so excited for spring weather! I love it with straight leg jeans, loafers and a headband... major 90s vibe but updated and classic too. 



(above & below)
The black tank is my favorite of the two. I think this top fits quite flattering. I love it with white jeans and flats




 

site design by kiki co.