Friday, December 4, 2020

dressy-ish outfits for the holidays!

The holiday season is usually punctuated with fun events to dress up for and gathering with friends and family to celebrate. This season is undoubtedly different for many. So many traditions will be put on pause this year BUT there is still no reason to not make it a festive season at home. You only need one or two special touches for an outfit to feel festive and holiday-ready. I find that my outfit really puts me in a festive mood so there is no reason to skip a special holiday look this year.

Today I pulled together three dressy-ish looks that are perfect for celebrating quietly at home this holiday season. They are comfortable and practical whether you are just doing a movie marathon, a nice quiet holiday dinner at home or sipping champagne and exchanging gifts with those closest to you.


(above & below)
This plaid blouse is beautiful for the holiday season. You can wear it with jeans or leggings too but for today I paired it with velvet pull-on pants (they feel like pjs!) and a some loafers. The plaid top runs a touch big, if you are between sizes you could go down one size, I am in my usual size small. The velvet pants run true to size, I am in a 2.



(above & below)
This velvet tank with a tie neck is SO pretty in person. Wow! It's so festive and classic. I paired it with some slightly flared cropped jeans and plaid loafers for a casual yet pulled together look. This top runs a little big, I am in my usual size small but you could size down if you are between sizes. I've long had my eye on a pair of plaid loafers and at this price I couldn't resist this year!



(above & below)
These faux leather leggings are pretty amazing! Stretchy and soft they look dressy but don't feel fussy. I love them paired with a sweatshirt and a plaid headband for a cozy at-home look for Christmas this year. It's relaxed and casual yet perfectly festive too. The leggings & sweatshirt are true to size, I got my usual size small in both.






 

site design by kiki co.