Thursday, November 17, 2016

my everyday style: plaid + pom poms + everything nice!

I am SO excited to be kicking off the holidays here on the blog. It may be a tad bit early - but I have a good chunk of my holiday shopping and planning in the works or completed already and I have a feeling some of you other gals may be feeling the same way.  Or if you aren't - then hopefully this holiday inspiration is coming at the perfect time for you!

I absolutely love brainstorming holiday outfits this time of year.  I don't usually have a lot of formal events on the calendar - but instead quiet and cozy events with friends and family that call for casual but festive attire.  I love to have the classics on hand this time of year to mix and match into festive outfits.  A fun pom pom sweater, a gorgeous plaid top, anything bright red - like this coat or a scarf would do - and a pair of classic shoes like these penny loafers make for the perfect festive wardrobe mixers.  Just having a few festive pieces on hand can really make it easy to pull together holiday looks.

In other news, I finally pulled the trigger on the cropped boot cut jeans that I had been eyeing all fall. This trend may not be for everyone, but I love that it's something a little different from my standard of skinny or straight legged jeans.  And since I'm a little on the short side I have a tough time pulling off the flare jeans without wearing sky-high heels.  So this is a fun middle ground.  Have you tried this trend yet? Would you?









Outfit Details:
Necklace, J.Crew Factory (similar or similar)
Plaid Top, J.Crew
Pom Pom Sweater, Banana Republic (also available in navy or white!)
Jeans, J.Crew (under $100!)
Sunglasses, Tory Burch
Clutch, Clare V


 

site design by kiki co.